The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Very Strange Advert On Epupz!

~whitecross whippets~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Superbly bred WHIPPET puppies, KC Registered with excellent pedigree, great lines, both parents can be seen, insured, vet checked, dew claws removed, wormed to date, microchipped and infomation pack. Will deliver at cost. Lovely litter of bold, healthy puppies.I am goin to Africa on 27th jan till 4th feb , my hubby crap on pc so please ring him if ur interested in puppies , xxxx

im sure that isnt quite what she meant (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
She obviously cares alot about where they go , and to whom (w00t) :rant: :rant: , Her OH isnt the only one whose CRAP :rant:

JAX said:
She obviously cares alot about where they go , and to whom  (w00t)   :rant:   :rant: , Her OH isnt the only one whose CRAP  :rant:
Fecking epupz :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: tsssssss!

Why don't you find out exactly who she is and who's exelent lines are in these pups' pedigree? :)

I have to say that I'm not a fan of epuz. Maybe it's just my age. :( But my first whippet came via the whippet club puppy list and then the others have come from people I know. I know that it's hard to get into owning whippets but..............

I'm sorry but I foresee a time when those of us who care will be hanging our heads in terms of the number of whippets in rescue and remembering back to the good old days when whippets were rarely available as rescues. :(

It also gets me when I see very good breeders of whippets ie caring and very particular sorts getting trashed on here just 'cause they are so particular about where their pups go. And breeders who are churning them out, well I'd know 'em because I take the Breed Record Supplements so know how many registered whippets pups people are breeding getting praised as if they are the great I am.

Sorry but it all smacks to me of the ruin of the breed. :(

"Not a fan of epupz" is understatement of the century for me and it's something that's been bugging me on here for a while.

You are very right in what you say Beej.

I'm sorry but IMO good reputable breeders DO NOT need to advertise on internet ad sites, if you have to advertise on the likes of the above then IMO (again) you really need to re-think as to why you're breeding a litter.

You are very right in what you say Beej.

I'm sorry but IMO good reputable breeders DO NOT need to advertise on internet ad sites, if you have to advertise on the likes of the above then IMO (again) you really need to re-think as to why you're breeding a litter.

Good points from both you & BeeJay Vicky!! However there are plenty of puppy ads on this very site. May not be put out as ads but they have the same effect. Same with the constant plugging some lines get. How much of it is enthusiastic owners & how much is touting their own bloodlines for future sales?

Terry & Sheila Smith said:
Good points from both you & BeeJay Vicky!! However there are plenty of puppy ads on this very site. May not be put out as ads but they have the same effect. Same with the constant plugging some lines get. How much of it is enthusiastic owners & how much is touting their own bloodlines for future sales?
I agree, and i mentioned this not long ago and got shot down on whichever thread it was, i dont agree with puppy sale advertising on here. Some innocent people are being taken for mugs, to line breeders pockets.

Vicky said:
Terry & Sheila Smith said:
I agree, and i mentioned this not long ago and got shot down on whichever thread it was, i dont agree with puppy sale advertising on here. Some innocent people are being taken for mugs, to line breeders pockets.

I agree with you Vicky. For me I don't see why it's not enough for someone to say that I'm breeding so and so. Or look at so and so's pups. End of. If people are interested in having a pup then they can pm the breeder.

Now if I was looking for a whippet pup then I'd be doing my homework, asking around seeing what lines I liked and then approaching people before they breed.

I do know though that it's hard for people to get into the breed. But that's a great strength of this board. There are loads of people on here who breed so plenty of time for people to make contact with them. This board didn't exist when I got my Woody so I contacted the Whippet Club for breeders with litters.

Not sure where this is going :b but are you saying the likes of myself shouldnt be putting pictures of my puppies ( or older dogs for that matter) on here for people to see, and that Im just doing it to `get sales` :eek: . The reason NO ONE knew I was having this litter was for much the same reason , I dont need to tout ( SP) for homes on here , I had 5 puppies already booked , but I thought fellow whippet lovers JUST MIGHT like to see my pretty Buffee puppies , . :wub:

We take photos of them to shows to show our whippet mates , with no thought of any of them wanting to buy one , . We just want to SHOW OFF our puppies. As regards putting our wins etc on here , why not , what else is WHIPPET SHOWING going to be about :teehee:

I really am a big breeder arnt I :eek: this must be my 8th litter in 20 years . :- " As Beejay gets the suppliment , Im sure she notices that some kennels have that amount in a year :rant: :rant: One certain person had 3 litters in the third quater of 2005 :rant: (w00t)

As regards advertising on the internet . apart from my website , I wouldnt do that , but surely the internet is just a newpaper on a computer and even the TOP kennels occasionally have to advertise sometimes . Not everyone who whats a certain breed have the know how about breed clubs etc just becasue we do .

Please dont tar all breeders with the same brush :cheers:

I say put the puppy pics on whether they are available or not and acheivements show em off be proud :wub: :wub: :wub:

If people didn't put pics on of litters I wouldn't have Spry or Kane :eek:

>Not sure where this is going but are you saying the likes of myself shouldnt be putting pictures of my puppies ( or older dogs for that matter) on here for people to see, and that Im just doing it to `get sales` . The reason NO ONE knew I was having this litter was for much the same reason , I dont need to tout ( SP) for homes on here , I had 5 puppies already booked , but I thought fellow whippet lovers JUST MIGHT like to see my pretty Buffee puppies , .

Are you referring to what I've said? This is what I said.

For me I don't see why it's not enough for someone to say that I'm breeding so and so ie mating planned. Or look at so and so's pups. End of. If people are interested in having a pup then they can pm the breeder.

Which as far as I can see you've done. ie just put photos of your puppies on here for people to see. That's not blatent advertising of a litter for sale is it.

What I'm not comfortable about is the few breeders who come on here and only ever post when they are advertising a litter for sale. But they aren't breaking any board rules and a lot of other people may find it very helpful in getting them a puppy. It's a service.

>As Beejay gets the suppliment , Im sure she notices that some kennels have that amount in a year One certain person had 3 litters in the third quarter of 2005

I repeat what I said earlier.

It also gets me when I see very good breeders of whippets ie caring and very particular sorts getting trashed on here just 'cause they are so particular about where their pups go. And breeders who are churning them out, well I'd know 'em because I take the Breed Record Supplements so know how many registered whippets pups people are breeding getting praised as if they are the great I am.

There are breeders on here advertising who don't just breed whippets but other breeds as well. So if someone is breeding several litters a year from different breeds and they aren't a top kennel in what ever field. What does that make them. Someone who likes to breed puppies I suppose.

>Not everyone who whats a certain breed have the know how about breed clubs etc just becasue we do

It's called doing your research into a breed. It's in all of the good dog books, it's recommended by the KC etc etc. If you like the look of a breed of dog 1) find out more about it. How do you do that contact the KC and they'll pass on the contact details of the breed club.

People have said it over and over again on here. If you want to buy a puppy then talk to the breed people. That way any puppies for sale come up word of mouth. Get to know the breeders first. Puppy buyers should do some work as part of a way of showing committment and that it hasn't just been a rash decision to get a whippet. Well I think so anyway.

Oh and following on from my previous post. I believe that informing people about whippets is one of the very good facets of this board.

i agree you got to be careful when you see puppies advertise,don't be afraid to fire questions to the breeder and if its a good breeder they will fired questions at you.I announced Peter just become a Dad which i'm so proud of,and alot of peeps knows Peter and i know they would like to know about it,but its not any means of advertising the litter,if anyone intrested then they are welcome to PM me and i will put them on to the breeder,who is going to meet any one first before they are considered to have a puppy.i'm just pointing this out,not any means of having a go on anyone comments,as i'm usually very quiet :- " ;)

TBH I don't think anyone was targeting an individual, it appeared to me that the debate was about matters relating to false / stretched statements in relation to advertising and disreputable breeders breeding litters on a profiteering basis and the fact that some of these people use the internet as a means to promote sales. You mentioned an individual yourself, that you had felt was breeding unfavourably so we can all think it but my own opinion is that no-one was being deliberatly targeted here.

As far as I was concerned your litter was just an announcement of their arrival into the world and you was sharing this moment with others, if individuals had thought anything about your post was unfavourable I just think they wouldn't of replied congratulating you in the first place?

We ALL like seeing peoples pups and their future development on here, hell just look at the replies from old and new members alike!

It's more a matter to me of potential new owners doing their homework, if your after a pup for a specific purpose and you want a good parentage don't just accept that what the advertiser says is true, everybodys dog is perfect / beautiful /excellent in their eyes so whatever the breeder has achieved is going to mean a lot to them, what a new owner needs to decide is whether the achievements are significant enough to them for the purpose they require, if any.

Like the saying goes BUYER BEWARE

if i may lighten the mood :( ....i started this topic so i would like to clarify....i think i must have been tired :b i read the advert as "my husband crapped on the computer" (w00t) :oops: i thought it was funny! :wacko: after posting it i reread it properly :oops: i didnt know it would cause world war 3 :blink: o:)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back