The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Vets ++++++++yd/lb/2ft/lb/1/2yd/lb Opens

DavidH

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
can anyone tell me why the sex allowance was done away with?????????

the vet classes are very poorly attended,maybe if classes where similar to adults +1/2 yd.

there would be better attended.

our roddey isnt the best dog but he trys,but to give rc, nc bitches start its a joke.

thats why there are very very few dog vets /hw,folks dont want there treasured 5 year old pulling there puddings out for nothing IMO only.

would it ask to much to be revised for future vets???

opens

i think 1/2 or 2 ft would make for better racing giving the h/w a chance in ALL OPENS. as yd favours the littuns, and make closer safer racing.there some fantasic h/w about but have no chance to shine at the big races.after all we all pay our entry fee shouldnt we all have a chance to win, be it lw or hw.

anybody know of any 30+ dog/bitch won either derbys????????????????

agree with you david . you get your h/w to the final then see the distance you have to give and realise your pissing in the wind

imo vets r poorly attended simply coz a lot of dogs have retired by the age of 5 due to injuries etc. i do however agree that 2ft a 1lb racing is the fairest just my opinion

can anyone tell me why the sex allowance was done away with?????????
the vet classes are very poorly attended,maybe if classes where similar to adults +1/2 yd.

there would be better attended.

our roddey isnt the best dog but he trys,but to give rc, nc bitches start its a joke.

thats why there are very very few dog vets /hw,folks dont want there treasured 5 year old pulling there puddings out for nothing IMO only.

would it ask to much to be revised for future vets???

opens

i think 1/2 or 2 ft would make for better racing giving the h/w a chance in ALL OPENS. as yd favours the littuns, and make closer safer racing.there some fantasic h/w about but have no chance to shine at the big races.after all we all pay our entry fee shouldnt we all have a chance to win, be it lw or hw.

anybody know of any 30+ dog/bitch won either derbys????????????????
spot 0n david have to get it done at AGM :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

David you will be pleased to know that our open(Notts + Derby Wrc) coming up on the13th Sept. is dogs +bitches sep. at 2ft/lb. We try to vary club racing as much as possible, but we do run2ft/lb. it is definitely a lot safer at the pick up+ makes for better racing

This is an old topic Dave, it's been thrashed out many times in the past - with 2 18lbers i'm still in favour of 2ft/lb & 1/2yd/lb opens as being the fairest options but how can you expect the governing bodies to put on these opens for them to end up being a poor turn out - all these people who rant on about the handicap you'd expect them to take full advantage when they were on, we had 2 good opens at weekend one 2ft/lb the other 1/2yd/lb and the heavyweight classes were the smallest classes - now where's the logic in that?

This is an old topic Dave, it's been thrashed out many times in the past - with 2 18lbers i'm still in favour of 2ft/lb & 1/2yd/lb opens as being the fairest options but how can you expect the governing bodies to put on these opens for them to end up being a poor turn out - all these people who rant on about the handicap you'd expect them to take full advantage when they were on, we had 2 good opens at weekend one 2ft/lb the other 1/2yd/lb and the heavyweight classes were the smallest classes - now where's the logic in that?
NONE !

Here we go again, same old argument. If people want to win opens they should do all they can to get smaller dogs. I have been racing over 30 yrs and never had any problem getting smaller dogs. We should be encouraging people to breed smaller not BIGGER.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should mixed up a bit I don't think poor entry the weekend open can be cast iron guide because to close to big event scottish derby but need to give a long run see if it make differes but not to go all one way best think put it to vote end of the year at the agm .

Here we go again, same old argument. If people want to win opens they should do all they can to get smaller dogs. I have been racing over 30 yrs and never had any problem getting smaller dogs. We should be encouraging people to breed smaller not BIGGER.
dead right breed for the handicap not change to siut the dog lol

quote-David H.

Can anyone tell me why the sex allowance was done away with?????????

*Sex allowance is what I am referring to-(not the size of dog)-with regards to Steve mentioning this many times in the past.

Past being the operative word-too late now for our 'small' dog.

Karen

yes but litters some times have a wide range of weights.what i am saying is what chance has a say 32 lber against a 22 a yd lb that can get well under 8.5. and theres quite a few about. NO CHANCE.

would be fairer 2 ft that would give the larger dogs a chance.

it take all weights to make racing,just think the h/w are getting a raw deal when it come to taking supreme.I havnt out good enough, but there are some really good h/w THAT DESERVE supreme,and at a yd a lb no chance. maybe i like the 30 /35 dogs so tend to fight there corner, as some folks like the littuns.

we did plan to come to the mr benn as bentley needs experience but due to niggles couldnt attend .

yes but litters some times have a wide range of weights.what i am saying is what chance has a say 32 lber against a 22 a yd lb that can get well under 8.5. and theres quite a few about. NO CHANCE.

would be fairer 2 ft that would give the larger dogs a chance.

it take all weights to make racing,just think the h/w are getting a raw deal when it come to taking supreme.I havnt out good enough, but there are some really good h/w THAT DESERVE supreme,and at a yd a lb no chance. maybe i like the 30 /35 dogs so tend to fight there corner, as some folks like the littuns.

we did plan to come to the mr benn as bentley needs experience but due to niggles couldnt attend .
david you dont change rules just when you have a big dog .the day 1/2 yd is normal is the day the whippet is finished as all be ghd type breeding and whats point of a 16lber then.i know you be saying a good little un can still win but only if the big ones a rubbish

good to see you take on the h/w think 2 ft would even things up .

we did plan to attend the mr benn but bentley had a niggle or 2,roddy is ready for his pipe and slippers INJURYS :rant:

david all i can say if you bred dalamations if you bred a pure white one would you expect breed stanard to be change to siut :D

i have had good lightweights 16lbers i.e. tycool 20lb chloe and good heavyweights i.e. samsara and paloma and in my opinion 2FT LB WOULD BE MUCH BETTER FOR WHIPPET RACING.

when i won my class with samsara or paloma at yd/lb i pulled out of the final because of the chance that they would do some serious damage to the lightweight on the lure trailing in 4/5 yds behind.

the good lightweight will still win :) , all 2ft/lb does is take all 4 dogs over the line a lot closer together, nightmare for judges :thumbsup:

david all i can say if you bred dalamations if you bred a pure white one would you expect breed stanard to be change to siut :D
WEIGHT CLASSES 16 TO 35 NOTHING CHANGED AND MORE THAN 1 H/W JUST FAIRER 2 FT,NO MATTER HOW MANY SPOTS :lol: .

GOT FOLKS FINGERS TAPPING BEEN A BIT QUITE ON HERE LATELY,NOWT LIKE A HEALTHY DEBATE TO GET FOLKS GANDER UP.

David you will be pleased to know that our open(Notts + Derby Wrc) coming up on the13th Sept. is dogs +bitches sep. at 2ft/lb. We try to vary club racing as much as possible, but we do run2ft/lb. it is definitely a lot safer at the pick up+ makes for better racing
:thumbsup: ALWAYS A WORRY WHEN THERE ARE 16 AND 30+ IN A FINAL. HEARD ITS A GOOD TRACK, HOPE IT GETS WELL ATTENDED :thumbsup: :luck:

totaly agree john ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back