The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Vets

fra

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Brought one of my dogs to the vets the other day just to get a second opinion. Been to this vet a couple of times. I think I knew what the problem was but I wanted to hear it from a professional!

The vet agreed with everything I suggested was wrong with the dog, he never even touched the dog, I was in with him for literally 3 minutes and upon leaving he said [SIZE=14pt]"That will be £15 for that wee bit of advice there"[/SIZE] :b (w00t) I thought he was joking but he wasnt! :blink:

I was to bring my dog Ellie May back to him for an x-ray, instead I took her to Alexander (The best vet here). At least I know its money well spent! If the other vet ever sees me again, it wont be in his surgery!

£21.50 for us :( we have a vet thats been there ages and knows weve been a customer for 25 years so he doesnt charge us to what the vet that owns the practice does.

once asked the vet owner how long mice live and i had a £2 charge on my bill and to this day im sure the buggar charged me for answering that question ;)

£19 for me too :( but i must admit i can phone them and have a "free" chat over the phone lol it does get on your nerves though dosent it :angry:

Cos im over 60, :lol: with a zimmer, i get pension credits from the dept of works n pensions, im wondering if i should mention this to my vet, maybe i may be entitled to some help with any future bills, eh

:cheers:

Last year, we were charged £53 to have a hamster put to sleep!!! :eek: It was 1pm on a Saturday, and they officially close at 12 midday, so they charged the out of hours emergency fee, even though they were all still there anyway!! :rant:

Zephyr said:
Last year, we were charged £53 to have a hamster put to sleep!!! :eek:   It was 1pm on a Saturday, and they officially close at 12 midday, so they charged the out of hours emergency fee, even though they were all still there anyway!! :rant:
WHAT, the world has gone bloody mad, and while im about it, have you seen the price of a funeral these days, well ive towd Ruth, cos we live close to a church, when i go just chuck me over the damn wall, and to treat herself to some new false teeth with the money

Mine charges £16 to walk through the door or he did last time I went and I always get 15% discount on my bills even if he isn't their and I see the locum. He is the only vet there he owns the practice.

My total bill for Williams RTA last year was £200 because he was n't happy with the xrays the locum did he had to do a second lot but only charged for the aneasthetic(sp) and the plates :thumbsup:

and while im about it, have you seen the price of a funeral these days, well ive towd Ruth, cos we live close to a church, when i go just chuck me over the damn wall, and to treat herself to some new false teeth with the money

hey - quite right keith!!!

(all whippies and borzois lying on their backs roaring with laughter and hugging their bellies!!!!)

midlanderkeith said:
Zephyr said:
Last year, we were charged £53 to have a hamster put to sleep!!! :eek:   It was 1pm on a Saturday, and they officially close at 12 midday, so they charged the out of hours emergency fee, even though they were all still there anyway!! :rant:
WHAT, the world has gone bloody mad, and while im about it, have you seen the price of a funeral these days, well ive towd Ruth, cos we live close to a church, when i go just chuck me over the damn wall, and to treat herself to some new false teeth with the money

:lol: ROFPMSL (w00t) (w00t) Keith you are a nutter.

Don't worry I'm sure us K9ers will have a little collection for Ruth's expenses. (w00t) (w00t)

Sonia and Jesse xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back