The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Virus On K9?

julie_s

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've just visited the site for a second time tonight and my virus software has again detected a tojan virus downloading from the site.

It's called 'Troj/ClsLdr-H' please could a site moderator check the site and I advise people check their own computers.

Julie

julie_s said:
I've just visited the site for a second time tonight and my virus software has again detected a tojan virus downloading from the site.
It's called 'Troj/ClsLdr-H' please could a site moderator check the site and I advise people check their own computers.

Julie

Clean as a whistle here

Free trojan remover from emsi software, ASQUARED free for private use, turn off system restore on all hard drives, boot up pc in safe mode and run

keith :cheers:

Funnily enough we have had problems in last two days opening explorer - kept getting problems with codes...mmmm

OK, I found something....

Some code had got added to some javascripts in the CSS that loaded an iframe up from a rogue site. That site looks like it's been closed down now.

The risk to users was small because this exploited a flaw in Microsoft software that was fixed in 2003, so anyone regularly updating their software (operating system & virus) would have been at no risk. The rogue software has been removed and the file permissions changed on the infected files to ensure they cannot be altered again.

To be doubly safe you could do a hard refresh on any K9 page (usually ctrl-shift refresh or F5) which would grab a clean copy of the CSS.

Ive not been able to get on for days :rant: i did a quick clean up and it seems to have sorted it self out.

Alyson 'n' Hounds

Nigel said:
To be doubly safe you could do a hard refresh on any K9 page (usually ctrl-shift refresh or F5) which would grab a clean copy of the CSS.
Should add that you should do a refresh of the portal page www.k9community.co.uk (if you ever use it) & any topic as there are 2 different copies of the CSS & they both need refreshing.

Nigel said:
OK, I found something....
Some code had got added to some javascripts in the CSS that loaded an iframe up from a rogue site. That site looks like it's been closed down now.

The risk to users was small because this exploited a flaw in Microsoft software that was fixed in 2003, so anyone regularly updating their software (operating system & virus) would have been at no risk. The rogue software has been removed and the file permissions changed on the infected files to ensure they cannot be altered again.

Cheers Nigel... thanks for sorting that out. :thumbsup: My old pc needs an update then :b .

julie_s said:
Cheers Nigel... thanks for sorting that out. :thumbsup:   My old pc needs an update then :b .
Probably not as your virus software picked it up. It would only have caused you a potential problem if that hadn't done its job & your Microsoft operating system files were well out of date.

Dont know a lot about pc's so can you do an ideots giude for this problem thanks

sue

pepa said:
Dont know a lot about pc's so can you do an ideots giude for this problem thanks
sue

The specific problem doesn't exist any more so not much to do there... but, it should remind everyone of the importance in keeping their operating system software up to date and using good up to date anti virus software. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back