The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Virus threat

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It's probably a bit late to tell everyone but there is a new virus about (since beginning of October) called Bugbear.

This virus is now VERY common & I'm getting several infected emails a day (6 today). I've just spent the morning cleaning the virus from one of my customers systems & have taken another call this afternoon from another with an infected computer. You probably will not notice that you are infected but the virus logs all your key strokes and sends them off to an unknown Internet destination. So any username/passwords or credit card information you type can be logged and transmitted.

The other aspect of the virus is that it emails everyone in your address book with random copies of emails (together with the virus) from in your inbox. The From: address on these emails is forged to look like it didn't come from you but from a randomly chosen person in your address book. Today I got several bounced emails to messages that apparently came from me but I know they didn't.

I'm sure everyone who is reading this uses email and it’s very likely you will at some point receive infected email. Please check that your virus definition files are up to date (and keep them up to date – every week). If you don't use any Anti Virus software you really need to.

Thankyou for this information Nigel, we will have to have a look at our files.. thanks again..

i have been warned about two virus appearing in msn mail these both are anything to do with lopez or brittony spears

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back