The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Vizsla issues with other dogs?

JoJ

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have 2.5 year male Vizsla who is fab until we try to go for walks with other dogs, he is full on with rough play, constant barking at them, mouthing etc. Is this normal?? Is there anything I can try to sort out this behaviour? I tend to put him back on the lead and then he just barks the whole time which clearly is stressing him and me out.

I'm not sure normal is the word I'd use, it does sound it has become an established pattern for him though.

That doesn't make it good, one day he will do it to a dog that is intolerant, or possibly one who is sick or recovering from illness/injury, one who is elderly, one who is nervous, or one who has an owner that finds this behaviour unacceptable; and they will deal with him.

I'd stop walking with other dogs, and also make sure he is engaged with you or on lead when other dogs around that he might do this to. Having him engaged with you makes things easier all round, if you are the source of all fun and good things it makes training easier and there is less risk of him bogging off to bother other dogs. If he is barking, get him further away so the other dogs are outside of his area.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back