The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Walking My Puppy

dellboy22

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I have got a 11 week old lurcher pup (saluki/collie X deerhound) we have had him for nearly 4 weeks now and he is settling in very well. His name is Rodney. I have just last week started to take him out for walks, at the moment he has three 20 minute walks a day. Can anyone tell me if this is about right or is this too much/not enough exercise for him? Thanks. Here are a couple of pics of him.

Image004.jpg

HPIM0325.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum.First of all, what a gorgeous pup - he will be such a handsome fella when he grows up!!!! I would say that the small walks you are taking are quite sufficient at the moment,be guided by the puppy - when he tires its time to go home.As he is a deerhound cross and they can be tall (my own is 32") it is important not to overdo it so I too would do small amounts often and then if all goes well increase the walks as the youngster develops. When you return from the walks I would allow the puppy a litle "time out" in his bed to recover. With pups I always give a small drink of honey and water to help regain their strength but as with most things people all have their own ideas. Developing bones in youngsters can be easily damaged so take your time and above all just enjoy your lovely youngster. I look forward to more pictures of your boy as he grows.

Morganna :sorcerer:

:wub: Rodney is absolutely adorable :wub: - hope he has a wonderful life with you :thumbsup:

welcome to the forum dellboy,rodney is so cute i would guess that small walks would be fine aslong as he has a rest in between.im in the same situation as i dont quite know how much exercise to give them as they are only 16 weeks.keep us posted on his progress. :thumbsup:

good hunting

rew

OK, thanks for all your kind comments and great advice. He is a lovely boy and we are very pleased with his progress so far. ;)

(w00t) Rodney is lovely! :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum. More pics please!!

:D

Tina

Oh wow just look at Rodney ....hes gorgeous :wub: lucky you. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back