The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Walking Nightmare

fra

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A few weeks ago I was walking the dogs in Valley Park about 10.30 at night. I was just walking along minding my own business when I spotted a few bats flying above me. One came flying at me and I thought I had ducked down far enough, but unfortunatly for me it hit me right in the forehead. Lucky for me I was wearing a baseball cap, it was like getting hit with a brick.

I carried on walking for another 20 minutes when I passed a white van with two occupants. The passenger asked me if I had the time, I told him I didnt have a watch on, he then called me again and I thought here we go. He asked me this and I quote

"What would you do if you got stabbed in the stomach and needed stitches"

:eek: Well what would you say to that? I told him that I would probably go to the hospital and then walked on, checking behind me as I went. I think they may have wanted to rob me or take the dogs!!

It was an experience I hope I never come across again. :(

next time you go for a walk there take a hatchet with you and bury it in the prats head ;)

OMG what a total idiot :eek: and a scary experience, I agree take something with you next time just to feel safe :thumbsup:

They were probably trying to get a reaction :wacko:

Fra, i've had my car broken into when walking the dogs around the Valley Park and i reckon i was only a couple of hundred yards from the car...so i try not to walk there anymore. As for the bats did it happen as the path goes under the overhanging trees on either side of you at the bottom of the park...been walking through this part before when it's just dark and's it scary with all the bats playing dodgems with you :D . Next time you should bring a baseball bat to compliment your cap to keep any unwanted nasty two legged blood thirsty vampires at bay :lol:

fra said:
A few weeks ago I was walking the dogs in Valley Park about 10.30 at night.  I was just walking along minding my own business when I spotted a few bats flying above me.  One came flying at me and I thought I had ducked down far enough, but unfortunatly for me it hit me right in the forehead.  Lucky for me I was wearing a baseball cap, it was like getting hit with a brick.
I carried on walking for another 20 minutes when I passed a white van with two occupants.  The passenger asked me if I had the time, I told him I didnt have a watch on, he then called me again and I thought here we go.  He asked me this and I quote

"What would you do if you got stabbed in the stomach and needed stitches"

:eek: Well what would you say to that?  I told him that I would probably go to the hospital and then walked on, checking behind me as I went.  I think they may have wanted to rob me or take the dogs!! 

It was an experience I hope I never come across again. :(

:angry: Maybe you should of taken down their van's registration just incase

your dogs do go missing. ( sorry don't mean to frighten you fra) but you never 

know in this day and age.!!! :))

What a nighmare Fra, are you sure it wasn't Darren and his bird out for a spot of the other!! :huggles: I know valley park is handy for you but if yer unsure of using it at night stick the dogs in the car boot and drive to Mallusk playing fields, its very safe with only me to contend with :rant: (Althouh i have seen Darren mooching about now and again)

Congrats by the way, how did the big day go?

streaky said:
What a nighmare Fra, are you sure it wasn't Darren and his bird out for a spot of the other!! :huggles: I know valley park is handy for you but if yer unsure of using it at night stick the dogs in the car boot and drive to Mallusk playing fields, its very safe with only me to contend with  :rant:   (Althouh i have seen Darren mooching about now and again)Congrats by the way, how did the big day go?

(w00t) Gail was the old bat that hit him on the head....hope she doesn't see this :blink:

(w00t) Gail was the old bat that hit him on the head....hope she doesn't see this :blink:

Maybe if i keep this topic live she will :sweating:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back