The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Warning!!!

tschabo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everybody,

Yesterday I received an e-mail from administrators@k9community.co.uk

This e-mail had a link which I opened and now my whole computer is infected.

So, if anybody recieves the same e-mail....DO NOT OPEN!!!

I hope I'm the only one with an infected computer now.

Good luck to you all.

Nope! there's a big long thread on here where all of us numpties that opened it are having a good moan!

This topic is covered by my post yesterday.

Please if you get this email just delete it.

i understand that some members got this virus from just trying to get on K9, yesterday,

i can't find any post on this Nigel ?? what was the topic called and what forum was it in ??

hi

Mine went down yesterday after just looking in on k9

Had to pay a mechanic £40 to clear me of about 28 viruses

He had to wipe my machine clear of everything so I have lost a lot of things I had saved also.

Audrey

rocky said:
hi

He had to wipe my machine clear of everything so I have lost a lot of things I had saved also.

Audrey

Sorry to here that Audrey

keith

I was on both K9 non-peds and peds. yesterday and my p.c. seems OK.

I must admit though if anything comes into my p.c. the McAfee and Windows Defender blocks things.

After being infected myself last year my p.c. now has numerous anti-virus programs installed and, hopefully, this will prevent this happening again.

Like you Audie, last year I lost a lot of info and my p.c. had to go back to P.C. World and be stripped out as it was so heavily infected. I was fortunate I have a 3 years "Health check cover" and, therefore, it was free.

I am now going to run my Ad-aware to check out anything that may be lurking in the background. :sweating: My McAfee and Windows Defender has just automatically done a scan, which they are programmed to do daily, so I know there is nothing wrong there.

Last edited by a moderator:
rocky said:
hi

Audrey

I'm really sorry to hear that. Everyone with a PC really must run antivirus software (& firewall software) and keep them up to date. At the end of the day a determined hacker can get into most places and simply add a bit of code to effectively make you visit a third party site that loads up the virus to your PC. That's what happened to K9 - they had hidden a little bit of code in the page header that effectively meant you were visting a site in Russia. I understand about 500 sites were hit yesterday. Every web site you ever visit or email you ever open has the potential to deploy a virus to your PC...

i came on here too and i didnt get infected.i learned my lesson last year when i got so badly infected i had to take my pc back to our friend who had built it and get it completely wiped.daughter has put so much anti virus stuff on here now i think im protected from virtually anything bar a nuclear attack! :thumbsup:

I have fixed loads of PC's over the years and most problems are .....people not updating there protection IE (anti virus & firewalls) on a regular basis....easy way to do it is set them both on auto updates

DENISE BAILEY said:
I have fixed loads of PC's over the years and most problems are .....people not updating there protection IE (anti virus & firewalls) on a regular basis....easy way to do it is set them both on auto updates
Normally my firewall works, but with this virus it didn't...

its best to do a virus scan in safe mode ...if you know how

tschabo said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
Normally my firewall works, but with this virus it didn't...

Firewall software and antivirus software are 2 very different things and firewall software would do nothing to stop a virus. What a firewall could do is stop a virus from sending information collected from your infected PC to another system on the Internet but it wouldn't stop your PC from being infected in the first place.

DENISE BAILEY said:
its best to do a virus scan in safe mode ...if you know how
Safe mode, CLICK ON START, THEN RUN, TYPE IN MSCONFIG, CLICK OK THEN

CLICK BOOT.INI, THEN SAFE BOOT. there are other ways but thats how i do it

keith

click f8 on start up and it takes you to a blue screen..then use your up + down keys to select safe mode then press enter button ....when pc boots run your anti virus then restart pc should start as normal if you go back to blue screen either click start windows normally...or last know configuration

thanks

Nigel, Keith and Dee

I will try all you say as I certainly don't want the same thing to happen

Audrey

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back