The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Water Infection - Was Signs Of Her Season!

tinker*

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We thought my lurcher was having her first season, but found it odd that it came on quickly, was a red water discharge, swelling but the boys hadnt even noticed ..... had her to the vets after becoming a bit concerned in how she was in herself. She has actually got a urinary tract infection. She has got antiB but has anyone any advise/experience with this? It was the same symptoms as a bitch on heat!

Thanks x

I have a similar issue with a whippet bitch we rescued a while back. She has a slight discharge and occasionally passes a small clot of blood.

She is being speyed soon as the vet believes it is cystic ovaries causing the problem as there is no evidence of an infection and the bitch is well in herself. Cystic ovaries produce season-like symptoms without the season!

Did your vet test for UTI or just diagnose it from what he could see?

I'd be interested to know if the antibiotics clear it up for your girl :thumbsup:

Just gave her the AntiB from her symptoms, i was totally convinced she was in season and id missed the first few signs before the bleed! yes thats exactly what happened just a bloody clotted discharge that i saw when she had stood up from being sat down, then she licked her herself and i suppose its easy to assume shes in season.

i have to take her back in a few days again - will keep you posted,

i was going to make her drink barley water :- :- :- :unsure:

i was going to make her drink barley water :- :- :- :unsure:

Not sure about barley water but you can give her cranberry tablets :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back