The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wcrch Steadfast

Jane Rankin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have received a very sad telephone call from Paul and Kay Stead telling me that their beloved 'Ollie' - WCRCh Steadfast - was put to sleep on Friday, 24th August. He was three months short of his seventh birthday.

Ollie's kidneys failed almost completely last November. He was placed on a special diet and up until the last few days was a normal, happy and very active dog.

WCRCh Steadfast was bred by the Hoods out of their good bitch Mythyar Child of Chance and by my WCRChVC Blackbird. His litter brother is Jasper JCB. He jointly held the record of 6 wins (3str,3b) for the 32 pound Group with WCRCh The Bear. Ollie won two, if not three, Fastest Times of the Day.

As you can imagine, the Stead family are devastated by the loss of such a young dog and a dog that was such a part of their family that just about the only things Olllie did not do was to go riding ponies with Chloe and entering Archery Competitions with Adam! He was the quintessential whippet - a family pet first and foremost and a formidable racing dog on Sundays!

Go with Love dear Ollie

so sorry to hear about the sad loss :(

He will be much happier now

I am so sorry that Paul has lost his beloved dog at such a young age.

I know Paul thought of Ollie as his dog in a million. The miles that they ran together, such a tremendous companion.

One of my fav memories of Ollie was at the champs when he equalled the record of wins for his weight group. There he was this wonderful racing dog, who normally was desperate to get the lure, at the presentation his human kids were with him and he'd changed into the perfect family dog. So calm, so gentle.

Run free Ollie a dog that was so well named, Steadfast. So sorry for Paul and his family.

I am so sorry to hear about Ollie :( ......I know Paul and his family thought the world of him and as Barbara said to see him transform from racing boy to lying on the floor with his kids was always a great sight :) .......He was one awesome dog that'll be sadly missed .........

R.I.P Ollie :huggles:

How absolutely dreadful to lose a beloved pet at a young age (we know, we have!) My thoughts are with the owners, it is such a cruel blow.....The only positive is your lovely pet is never old in your mind, always a youngster running free and happy.

God bless.

Sorry to here of this sad news about Ollie (RCH Steadfast)

R.I.P Sweetheart

RIP Steadfast - so sorry they have lost him at such a tender age. He will be able to run on with Fat Boy Slim again, who also left his family too soon. They had many battles on the track in their early years.

Our best wishes to Paul and family :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
My condolences too :(

Didn't know him, or his owners, but I know the hurt. And it does get better.

So very sorry to hear this sad news - please Jane will you send our condolences and best wishes to Paul and his family. :(

Thanks to all for your condolences.

Whilst there's still a sad cloud over our new home in York, the memories of Ollie are gradually shifting back to happier times and away from the last, sad days. I recall so many great times down at the track, and how Ollie used to howl at me from the back of the car every time I drove towards Staverton and the Gloucester track.

I miss my racing friends, even though Ollie was 'high maintenance' and seldom let me have a minute to go off and natter to humans! After he retired from racing, he went up to 34lb (he stayed there to the end) and we used to spend hours together on the Cotswold hills and on the field archery courses. He even used to sit by my side on the shooting line at archery and come and fetch the arrows! He caught bunnies, squirrels and even two pheasants in flight, but he never harmed one of them - a gentle soul and a great, great friend.

Give your whippets a hug from me and look after each other!

Paul

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back