The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Welsh Kennel

mikadene

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi All,

I was not able to attend at the weekend due to an accident. I had arranged to travel down with the caravan and my GSD with the whippets as well. As you know last week we had some terrible rain and my kennels got flooded out. I had bathed the Whippets and powdered under their armsto make em smell nice and decided it was time to feed the Shepherds. I only have 2 now and Last week one of them pulled a heater off the wall. It was an electric heater but it was unusual for them to touch it. anyway it was switched off I decided to sort it out the next day. The rains came down and the kennel was under 3" of water with the heater in the water. It turned out to be LIVE. I actualy stood on the heater barefoot when I had got their food. It threw me to the ground. Then Tommy went and stood on it and was screaming so I grabed him and it trew me off again. I tried a second time and managed to pull him off the heater but he was screaming and bit me threw my hand going through one finger, Then Jack came rushing to see what was wrong and stood on the heater. I tried and tried to pull him off. I was thrown off time and time and I rushed to switch the electric off. When I got back he was motionless. I tried to revive him giving mouth to nose and heart massage but to no avail. Because f my bad heart and Angina I was quite ill myself but my poor boy suffered the ultimate sacrifice for his dad. I believe he rushed over because Tommy was biting me and he wanted to protect me. The house is empty right now and I have lost a very special dog. I am lucky the Whippets live in doors so they were safe. Because the ground was hard the water just ran off into my kennels. I just had to explain why I wasn't there because I am still getting hate mail for not showing my Whippets enough. From now on I just don't care.

It will never be the same. He just recently obtained his stud book number.

I am still suffering the effects.

Mike

So sorry to hear of this tragic accident

thinking of you at this sad time

As for getting hate mail for not showing your whippets enough it is up to you how often and were you show your whippets .In my opinion I would rather go to only a few shows than to drag my dogs here there and everywere for shows ( not getting at anyone on here but I know someone who shows a standard poodle and will do 2 shows at the weekend and 1 in midweek if theres one )

R I P JACK

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news :(

Thinking of you at this awful time :wub:

R I P Jack

so sorry to hear of your tragic loss, my thoughts are with you , take care hun and spk soon you know where i am :huggles: :huggles:

My thoughts go out to you,what a terrible accident to have happened. :eek: :(

and I agree with Oakmoorehill,it is entirely up to you how often,if ever,you wish to show your Whippets.They are after all YOUR dogs not anyone else's!!

R.I.P. brave boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a dreadful time for you. Take care, hug your remaining dogs & take comfort from them.

what a terrible thing to happen :eek:

RIP Jack

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back