The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What breed of dog is this

Kerry Veitch

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi I have 2 dog 1 is a king Charles cavalier she 1yrs and 2 one is a cavashon so I'm told but I'm not sure I have put picture of him up please comment if you think he a cavashon or what bread you think he is yes 4 and half months old
20180413_222142.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

is he 4.5-MO in that photo? - he looks a bit younger.
It's hard to say at any age under about 6-mo what a mixed-breed pup with no definitive traits might be - they develop quite a lot as puberty hits full-steam at 6 to 7-mos, for one thing, they shed their baby-coat & U can see the texture & type of the adult coat coming in. :)

He certainly seems to have the typical CKCS markings of red n' white, but there's nothing that would shout "Bichon" at me, just yet. // I'm certainly not doubting he could be CKCS x Bichon, not at all! - just nothing pops out, when i look at his photo.

Suggestion - when he gets a bit older, about 5.5 to 7-mos, take another photo of him if U would? - And this time, put him STANDING on an elevated surface, such as a hassock / footstool, a table indoors or out, a park bench, _____.
U might need a helper to hold his leash, so he doesn't attempt to hop down while U're truying to get him in focus, but they can be out of frame - no need to worry them about their holey trainers or windblown hair, it's just the dog. :)
Hold the camera LEVEL with his mid-chest, & photograph him from the side, with everything from nose to tail-tip in the frame.

Sitting in a chair, with him standing on a table, might give U an easy angle, & then U can prop yer elbows on yer thighs or hold them to yer ribs, to keep the camera steady. :thumbsup:

this is the classic pose for showing body & skull proportions, tail-set, ear-set, tail carriage, etc -

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 8.39.38 PM.png

[BTW, that Shiba Inu is distinctly pudgy - i wish show-judges would stop rewarding fat dogs with ribbons. :( ]

- terry

Not really. :oops: His head is much-closer to the lens than the rest of his body, so it looks enormous & out of proportion, & we're seeing him from above - he's a spine, a neck & big head, a partially-seen tail, & maybe 2 paws.
We can't see the length of his legs re the size of his body, the ratio of foreskull to backskull, whether he has a stop between nose & topskull, his tail-set, & all the other details that might give clues to parentage.

How old is he in photo #1?
He'll show a lot more possible-identifiers when he's 6 to 7-MO than between 3 to 5-MO.

- terry

Not really. :oops: His head is much-closer to the lens than the rest of his body, so it looks enormous & out of proportion, & we're seeing him from above - he's a spine, a neck & big head, a partially-seen tail, & maybe 2 paws.
We can't see the length of his legs re the size of his body, the ratio of foreskull to backskull, whether he has a stop between nose & topskull, his tail-set, & all the other details that might give clues to parentage.

He'll show a lot more possible-identifiers when he's 6 to 7-MO than between 3 to 5-MO.

- terry

I took the picture today

- terry

Hes a lovely looking dog but if he is a mix then he could take after mum or dad and theres no way of knowing until he is fully grown..

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back