The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What breeds have you seen on todays walk...

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I thought it might be interesting if people posted what dog breeds they saw on their walk today, tomorrow, the next etc.

(Only when they see different breeds)

I will start....

Today I saw two MASSIVE Leonbergers - they actually gave me a bit of a start when they came running towards us!
leonbergersf1.jpg

Then I saw two gorgeous Irish Terriers who were really sweet.....until they heard a dog barking at them in its garden and then they went crazy :eek:

irish-terrier-640x441.jpg

and finally the girl I was walking, Perry the Vizela (who actually seem to be on the increase I've found)

IMG_7727.JPG

A friendly staffie, a border collie, a border terrier and a somewhat unfriendly malamute/husky (not entirely sure!)

A stabij a wetterhoun a boerenfox 2 jrt an irish setter and a muppet with a caucasian shepard... its only about 6 months its huge and not friendly.. I dread to think what the future holds for him.

A stabij a wetterhoun a boerenfox 2 jrt an irish setter and a muppet with a caucasian shepard... its only about 6 months its huge and not friendly.. I dread to think what the future holds for him.

That’s sad about the Shepard :-(

I know. These dogs are not pets and not suited to the city life. My son in law knows the owner who bought this dog as a step up from his last dog, a cane corso..as I said a muppet.

A small collie cross, black lab, springer spaniel, cockerpoo puppy, chocolate lab.

A cross between a staffie and a greyhound. I hope the mum was the staffie (o_O).

A few cockerpoos and a couple of labs.. sure there must of been others as had a 5 walk day today but.. I did love your pic of the leonberger Josie,:) here's Titan today with another one of my crows(at a park the other end of town!)and I know I'm cross threading, sorry, but none of the dogs mind the crows tagging along, they all associate them with biscuits, one for them one for the crows kinda thing!:D
IMG_20180614_113945.jpg

That looks like a teeny fascinater! But it maybe that's just on my mind - I have a wedding to go to next month and I have struggled to find something that doesn't look like a dead parrot stuck to my head. And I cannot even think about shoes.

Today on our walk we have seen 2 malamutes brother and sister living in the same household, Bichon Frise called Dave, a sheepdog called Ted who was so loud and loved the sound of its own voice, and a German Shep called Bruno. Today their was so many cats out i saw 17 all together, bearing in mind I did walk for 1 and a half hours. So a large bunch today. :)

A very happy spaniel, a bull x whippet x goodness-knows-what (who had a real go at J when they were on lead a while back but they were fine together off lead), 2 staffies, an older spaniel (she's wary of J as he used to try to get her to play by plonking a paw on her back), a malamute (?), a black lab x who was on lead and wearing a lampshade (so we kept our distance).

Today I saw a golden labrador puppy called Enzo and he was GORGEOUS!!!!! I want one :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

QUOTE, Mad Murphy:

[I saw] a Stabij, a Wetterhoun, a Boerenfox, 2 JRTs, an Irish Setter, & a muppet with a Caucasian Shepherd...
the CO is only about 6-months-old, huge, & not friendly.

I dread to think what the future holds for him.

oh, cr*p. :( I'm not keen on Ovcharka - they make Akitas look like Poodles in odd coats.
VERY aggro, as a breed; that he's owned by a muppet is potentially disastrous. :eek:

They're actually livestock-guardians, not a civilized breed, but fairly primitive; they are stranger-aggressive, extremely turfy, self-willed, & deeply resent any intrusion on their turf, or into their own personal space.
Touching one is definitely a risky proposition, if U are not the owner. // Most need a box-muzzle to be examined by a vet, for any reason, even when pain-free & feeling fine - they don't need to be in pain or ill, to bite.

- terry

I just had to google ‘Caucasian shepard’

I don’t think I’d want to see one of them out on a walk :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back