The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What could be wrong with the dog?

hollysh

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
One of my dog owner's this morning (I'm a dog walker) rung me to say that her dog has been taken to the vet. She's been kept overnight and has had to have blood tests. Apparently she woke up and the dog didn't want to move and she couldn't stand up.
The day before she had been a walk with me in the morning (nothing out of the ordinary). Then the owner took her out in the evening she said she was running around. She did say in passing that at one point she sprinted off when she saw a fox.
Could it be something, if she came across a fox that could be passed on to her? I know its hard to diagnose. Feeling worried now.
She said she couldn't put one foot in front of the other and her neck was stiff. Couldn't stand. I feel just eating something or stepping on something wouldn't cause this.

Could be a stroke, or something involving nerve damage? I wouldn’t worry until they diagnose it, could be completely unrelated to her activities.

I'd say cervical pain- running after fox means a huge effort- maybe inflamed a disk in her neck. And nothing from a fox could come on this quickly- so an injury is more likely. Idiopathic vestibular syndrome (a sort-of dog stroke) presents with more general symptoms than you describe. Good luck to the dog in question.

They are suggesting polyarthritis. They are putting her on steroids.

Wishing her well- steroids should at least take down her swelling and pain at the damage site.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back