The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What Do You Feed?

posh totty

whippet servant
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
not sure if this has been previously posted but think it is worth you all having a good look, do any of you feed iams? look under iamscruelty.co.uk and it is shocking! :rant: :rant:

Tanya Docwra said:
not sure if this has been previously posted but think it is worth you all having a good look, do any of you feed iams? look under iamscruelty.co.uk and it is shocking! :rant:   :rant:
yes ive read about iams Tanya, ive tried jill on several complete and she shifts the lot, but funnilly enough having said that, she actully left some james wellbeloved in her dish the other day, and believe me she looks real good on it, her coat is spot on, so now i make my own concoction up.

keith

i have a very fussy whippet and she has now settled on vitalin sensitve lamb and rice or puppy and junior which i feed the ig on and fresh cooked butchers pet mince, stinks but madam is happy so therefore i am! found the iams thing going through the kennel club press bits. was very shocked and horrified! must say thay vitalin was the only company willing to keep sending packs for me to try with her and cant fault their customer services dept in any way! :cheers:

OMG !!!!! :( :eek: :eek:

I must of had blinkers on for most of my life cause i had no idea that Iams did this!! Just looked at the site and im gobsmacked! ( maybe im totally naive)

My dad feeds his cat Iams and his dogs eukanuba! :eek:

Do most pet food companies do this? Does anyone kniow if James wellbeloved do?

i am so shocked i never knew that this was going on . i cant stand the thought that

i have been supporting this by feeding him on Hills Natures Best.

has anyone else be using this ? lennie is not a fussy eater but seems to gain weight very easily, and is allways hungry what do you all feed you Whippy.

in closing i was contacted yesterday by a company representing Hills who had my details from a survey i filled out from a bag of food to take part in a trial food to be released later this year, i am know very concerned about it, has anyone else been contacted by them?

sorry for all the questions but i thought you guys might be able to help

Miley

whippynit said:
OMG !!!!!  :(   :eek:   :eek:
Do most pet food companies do this? Does anyone kniow if James wellbeloved do?

If you click the FAQ link I gave you... :thumbsup:

Don't know about Wellbeloved. I think they're supposed to be okay but you'd have to look into that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miley said:
i am so shocked i never knew that this was going on . i cant stand the thought that i have been supporting this by feeding him on Hills Natures Best.

has anyone else be using this ? lennie is not a fussy eater but seems to gain weight very easily, and is allways hungry what do you all feed you Whippy.

in closing i was contacted yesterday by a company representing Hills who had my details from a survey i filled out from a bag of food to take part in a trial food to be released later this year, i am know very concerned about it, has anyone else been contacted by them?

sorry for all the questions but i thought you guys might be able to help

Miley

no need to be concerned just tell them you dont want to do it i dont think its anything sinister

I wouldn't put anything past a big company; profit is all what they are interested in. However, how can you judge if the diet you feed is doing any good, if the animals are kept in confined and unhealthy conditions? You do not have to cut out the dog's muscle to see if it is developing well and if you do "need" it for some reason it would be easier to PTS the animal first. In any case how could an animal develop properly when kept in cage. It all sounds quite illogical.

However, there are other things to worry about some kibble. I have heard that as the top manufacturers are competing for the same market, they are trying to out do each other by putting in their product more and more vitamins and other “beneficial” additives, including growth hormones. (w00t) Has anybody else heard this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphina said:
I wouldn't put anything past a big company; profit is all what they are interested in.  However, how can you judge if the diet you feed is doing any good, if the animals are kept in confined and unhealthy conditions?  You do not have to cut out the dog's muscle to see if it is developing well and if you do "need" it for some reason it would be easier to PTS the animal first.  In any case how could an animal develop properly when kept in cage.  It all sounds quite illogical.However, there are other things to worry about some kibble.  I have heard that as the top manufacturers are competing for the same market, they are trying to out do each other by putting in their product more and more vitamins and other “beneficial” additives, including growth hormones. (w00t) Has anybody else heard this?

I, for one, am sure this is partly the reason that dogs (and I mean most pedigree dogs not just Whippets) are getting bigger and heavier. We are brainwashed into feeding these marvellous complete feeds ............... simple answer, stick to a good old tried and trusted meat and biscuit diet!!!

I have recently change my dogs diet to all meat and bisc . Good old tripe , minced lamb and beef, the chicken wings go down a treat too .

I had dogs over weight and some not putting enough on , with complete foods . They all seem to be evening out nicely and no wastage

me 2 I dont give my dogs any complete dog food. They get tripe/mince/chicken wings/pasta/rice/veg etc . I dont have any problems with them and they are all fit and healthy .

I do feed my cats iams tho.. :- "

Zeb will not eat dry food (even mixer) :( I'v tried most brands)

Tried raw food but will only eat chicken wings. :( So hes back on tinned food with tinned oilly fish which he wolfs down.

If he eats it and likes it then im happy. ;)

sharron said:
Zeb will not eat dry food (even mixer) :( I'v tried most brands)Tried raw food but will only eat chicken wings. :(   So hes back on tinned food with tinned oilly fish which he wolfs down.

If he eats it and likes it then im happy.  ;)

marvelous how they all differ isnt it, my bitch will eat anything i put in front of her, must admit she loves oily fish, her gets better fed than i do

midlanderkeith said:
sharron said:
Zeb will not eat dry food (even mixer) :( I'v tried most brands)Tried raw food but will only eat chicken wings. :(   So hes back on tinned food with tinned oilly fish which he wolfs down.

If he eats it and likes it then im happy.  ;)

marvelous how they all differ isnt it, my bitch will eat anything i put in front of her, must admit she loves oily fish, her gets better fed than i do

LOL Keith - the "non-dog" people at work think im absolutely mad feeding the dogs the likes of sardines, eggs, salmon etc for breakfast! :wacko:

I think you are all mad feeding these expensive brands and exotic concotions! just remember who is in charge.

Whippets can try and be fussy and if they are allowed to get away with it will, they aren't stupid!

Feed them a good quality food, mine get wafcol greyhound or skinners working mix, 12 quid for fifteen kilo's, that is about a third of the price of eukanuba, james wellbeloved and the rest and they look and perform great on it.

When they first tried it they turned up their noses but they soon learn when they get nothing else, don't give in to them they aren't babies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back