The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What Do You Lots Feed Your Whippets?

barnslyben

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi all got a pup out of vivsquest x kirby shay, out of kirby hes coming on well now 4mths old he s on chicken wings for breakfast ,got him on beta greyhound complete aswell ,don feeds his alpha, another mate redmills,what do lot use atb BB heres zac :thumbsup:

dogs_001.jpg

Mine have Beta Greyhound, they've tried various other feeds but that one seems to suit them best. Of course there's the usual titbits, leftover dinner, pizza crust, toast crusts, bits of sandwich, custard creams, gravy, tinned fish, fruit, salad, veg.

mine have fresh meat or fish every day plus veg sometimes with biscuit and sometimes pasta and thursday is there treat they have crispy duck and spare ribs from the chinky :thumbsup:

ALL MY PUPS ARE FED ON GAIN PUPPY AND SAPLING

WOULD NOT USE ANYTHING ELSE

IT GIVES THEM EVERY THING THEY NEED

_MG_6102.jpg

_MG_6172.jpg

_MG_6158.jpg

GARY :D

Mine are on Greyhound Maintenace, tripe, chicken wings, meaty bones, lamb ribs, fish, veg, any left overs. Plus the odd treat. They do well on it.

mine have fresh meat or fish every day plus veg sometimes with biscuit and sometimes pasta and thursday is there treat they have crispy duck and spare ribs from the chinky :thumbsup:
also cornflakes or weetibix for breakfast

kebab meat ;)

Mine are fed on marrow bones, chicken & chicken wings, cooked liver, fish, (the odd fresh rabbit caught by them selves) (w00t) steak if it's going cheep. :) lamb, mince, scraps like veg, but their main biscuit as always been Bakers Complete, :huh: I've tried others like Red Mills, That Australian stuff, and various bags of food I've won at different events but always come back to Bakers.

Just feed what you feel happy with or can afford,( if that's any help.) :thumbsup: di

Mine are fed on marrow bones, chicken & chicken wings, cooked liver, fish, (the odd fresh rabbit caught by them selves) (w00t) steak if it's going cheep. :) lamb, mince, scraps like veg, but their main biscuit as always been Bakers Complete, :huh: I've tried others like Red Mills, That Australian stuff, and various bags of food I've won at different events but always come back to Bakers.

Just feed what you feel happy with or can afford,( if that's any help.) :thumbsup: di
Kerri got both her Champs r-ups and Golden Jacket win eating Bakers Complete Lite, she's in pup right now and won't entertain much else :wub:

Kerri got both her Champs r-ups and Golden Jacket win eating Bakers Complete Lite, she's in pup right now and won't entertain much else :wub:
was feeding them wagg worker,always alot of crap in the morning,not now on the beta,and they finish every drop is 28% to high for my pup?

keep all them foods .in my opinion and i have fed it for 30 year vitalin royal or gold is the best complete dog food on the market, plus they get sardines ,mackeral ,pasta and raw veg + cornflakes for breakfast with honey.

28% far too high for a puppy ;) i would'nt give an adult 28%

Last edited by a moderator:

whats the difference between bakers lite and bakers ?what protein%are they atb BB

tried all foods but keep going back to red mills, and still on it, pups too :D

whats the difference between bakers lite and bakers ?what protein%are they atb BB

Baker's Complete (beef) is 23% protein, i think the Bakers Lite is for older dogs, not sure, :- :thumbsup: di

I feed mine sardines with honey for breakfast and they have Beta greyhound with cod liver oil for tea,as a treat they have pigs ears and left over roast on a sunday. :thumbsup:

my 2 pups r on the same as wot gary farmer feeds his pups on gain puppy & sapling they have gorgeous soft shiny coats and they seem 2 love it. i also give them meat. weetabix for breakfast with powedered milk then they like a bowl each of milk. they also get the usual titibits black pudding, cheese, chicken etc

adults weetabix with powdered milk in the morning red mills tracker and meat 4 dinner and occasionally pasta/tomatoes/veg etc

Baker's Complete (beef) is 23% protein, i think the Bakers Lite is for older dogs, not sure, :- :thumbsup: di
The lite has a higher protein content, around 25% off the top of my head and slightly less fat. I think there is a Bakers Senior which may be what Di is thinking of :b . You don't see the Lite about very often any more, it's quite an expensive feed TBH at around £25 per sack as opposed to Beta at £10 (or £8.47 in the case of the offer I bought 12 sacks on) but they do rather enjoy it.

I think your right Fleesh about the lite, mine will only eat the beef one thou, :lol: their not keen on the chicken, :thumbsup: di

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back