The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What Does This Mean

MICK DUDEK

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
ONE OF OUR DOGS ALLWAYS GREETS YOU WITH A TOY IN HER MOUTH AND TAIL WAGGING EVERY TIME YOU COME INTO THE HOUSE FROM WORK, FUNNY THING IS SHE IS THE ONLY ONE OUT OF 6 WHIPPETTS TO GREET YOU THIS WAY

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MAY MEAN

MICK DUDEK said:
ONE OF OUR DOGS ALLWAYS GREETS YOU WITH A TOY IN HER MOUTH AND TAIL WAGGING EVERY TIME YOU COME INTO THE HOUSE FROM WORK, FUNNY THING IS SHE IS THE ONLY ONE OUT OF 6 WHIPPETTS TO GREET YOU THIS WAY

It sounds very much like my ex wife, she used to greet me with one of her toys in her mouth :b :lol:

tell the truth geoff they were your toys and she was only doing it out of spite as you were wearing her cloths im glad you moved out of out street you gave it a bad name with all them funny partys you had lol :D :thumbsup:

milly said:
MICK DUDEK said:

It sounds very much like my ex wife, she used to greet me with one of her toys in her mouth :b :lol:

what game did she play with a hammer :oops: (w00t) :- "

a few yrs back my pitt bulls use to greet me with the paper boy shame realy as he use to be a nice kid :- "

MICK DUDEK said:

Showing off again (EVERY TIME YOU COME INTO THE HOUSE FROM WORK,)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed ----Same happens at our House but only to Karen ---Guess Why???

steve

Funny we have rapid stag and she carries different stuff about hairbrushes ,slippers etc ...i got Edee a squeaky snowman on Sunday and Tag claimed it, until yesterday when grace got her paws on it ...its now de-stuffed and de-squeaked lol

Funny little dogs whippets

MICK DUDEK said:

Hi, she is submitting herself to you 100% shes telling you she loves and is glad to see you, does she also growl whilst doing this

keith

(w00t) One of my whippet x's always brings me a toy or bone, which is quickly grabbed off of him by Maggie the deerhound/greyhoundx, Skippy the more nervous one of them all, does try but never realy gets a look in. I agree with Keith. :thumbsup: Diane

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ANSWERS SO FAR FUNNY ONES TBOOT , IN REPLY TO KEITHS POST , NO SHE DOES NOT GROWL JUST FLAUNTS HERSELF ABOUT WAGGING HER TAIL AND TURNING HER REAR AROUND AS IF TO DOUBLE HER SELF UP . I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS SATRANGE THAT OUT OF SIX DOGS SHE IS THE ONLY ONE TO DO THIS ,NONE OF THE OTHER DOGS TRY TO TAKE THE TOY OFF HER , BUT THEY DO SEEM JUST AS HAPPY TO SEE YOU

I think it's really heartwarming to come home from a crappy day at work and have all these happy tails wagging away when you walk through the door. :huggles: I've had a few dogs that have brought me 'presents' and just presumed it's their way of welcoming you back to the pack when you've been away. I like the roo-rooing too. :wub:

Sadly for us all, it is without doubt, definately nothing to do with love! Your dogs (and mine) do not love you! That is an entirely human emotion we seem to think our dogs give us back. I am afraid that is nothing like true. Your bitch is simply welcoming you back to the pack. Thats it. Simple. Sad I know, but true.

Hmmm not so categorically sure about that Mini Me - while i'm not a big fan of attributing human motivation to every last thing that animals do - I also don't think we're such special and rare creatures to have the monopoly on emotions either

defining love for people is tricky - Probably every single one of us on here means a slightly (or wildly) different thing when we talk about loving someone - I see no reason that dogs shouldn't experience something on the spectrum too.

Mini Me said:
Sadly for us all, it is without doubt, definately nothing to do with love! Your dogs (and mine) do not love you! That is an entirely human emotion we seem to think our dogs give us back. I am afraid that is nothing like true. Your bitch is simply welcoming you back to the pack. Thats it. Simple. Sad I know, but true.
i disagree, theres many variations of love both in the human form and indeed animal, if my dog doesnt love me in her own animal way, then i will plat cacky

midlanderkeith said:
i disagree, theres many variations of love both in the human form and indeed animal, if my dog doesnt love me in her own animal way, then i will plat cacky

Lol - I think I prefer your version keith!

midlanderkeith said:
Mini Me said:

I suggest you start plaiting then my friend.

Mini Me said:
midlanderkeith said:
Mini Me said:

I suggest you start plaiting then my friend.

no no no , im not your friend, i only plait fer my friends, and boy can i plait shit

urchin said:
Hmmm not so categorically sure about that Mini Me - while i'm not a big fan of attributing human motivation to every last thing that animals do - I also don't think we're such special and rare creatures to have the monopoly on emotions either
defining love for people is tricky - Probably every single one of us on here means a slightly (or wildly) different thing when we talk about loving someone - I see no reason that dogs shouldn't experience something on the spectrum too.

Sorry, but you have us, as humans, all wrong. You are assuming that we are special because we love (and therefore have the ability to hate). It is a huge weakness in our species. As much as we may like to think it makes us 'better' in some way to lower order animals, it does in fact make us a very weak 'creature', and in many many cases causes our undoing.

I am not writing these things to upset people on here, and I would be over the moon if I thought the wagging of the tail, or look from those cute eyes were indeed a sign of love from my four legged friend. I am realistic enough to know that it is not true. It is observed in every wild/feral/hunt/or home pack on the planet amongst the dogs themselves. You are seen as the alpha member of the pack and as such are greated in the manor you speak of.

I am fine if you disagree with this. It is not some random idea I have come up with because this thread has started. It is fact. Born out by many many years of research, by the worlds very best animal behaviourists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back