What flea treatment do you use?

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Bob Martin?

Advocate? (we use this one)

Frontline?

Advantage?

Do you use natural remedies? Like adding some apple cider vinegar to their water? Essential oils?

We use stuff prescribed by the vet for fleas, ticks as well as a worming treatment. I don't have the details with me, but they have medical type names! He gets them in tablet form every 6 months and so far, they seem to do the job.

I stopped using spot-ons as Jasper reacted as if I was trying to chop his head off, and when I gave him the tablet type he threw up, so for a while I gave up using any. Since then the only time he got fleas was when I stopped defleaing the cat too, and the cat got fleas. I tried diatomaceous earth on the cat, but though it's meant to be harmless, it gave me a sore nose & throat so I didn't like to think of the cat having to breathe it in. So back to using spot-ons (Stronghold) on the cat.

I now use a Seresto collar on Jasper, though, specifically to control ticks as he was picking up so many, though it also controls fleas. It's brilliant! No more removing five ticks a day from his boy bits as he gets increasingly grumpy...:D

A tip if your pet dislikes spot-ons: pop the pipette into a pocket or similar for 15 minutes to bring the contents up to body temperature. They may not even notice then that you are applying it.

I find the pet shop and supermarket ones less effective than proper vet ones.

BRavecto chewy tablet every six months, does ticks as well. Avoids having to use those pipettes things which alway leave a greasy residue in the coat. A VERY regular brush and comb like most days helps as well.

Juliatee

How many tablets do you get in one box?

I use bravecto on both my whippets as i didn't like the drops on their backs and neither did they. I usually buy bravecto every 3mth is there a longer lasting one?

I'm not sure if it applies to all brands but IF you have lungworm in the area, Milbemax/Milbeworm recommends monthly. Lungworm concerns me more than other worms.

Lungworm Map

Also if you are concerned, a basic precaution is never to leave toys or bowls outdoors.

Just one - it's chewy and we usually wrap it in a small piece of meat. He has one tablet every three months.
That seems a lot of money, but I suppose it's comparable with advantage which you pay the same for but have to apply every month. Do you have to get it from the vet?

How is your dog these days? Is he still barking at other dogs and stuff?

That seems a lot of money, but I suppose it's comparable with advantage which you pay the same for but have to apply every month. Do you have to get it from the vet?

How is your dog these days? Is he still barking at other dogs and stuff?

Yes, we get it from the vet with worming tablets. We have a health plan, so we pay an amount each month which covers these medications, an annual check-up and a few other bits and pieces. Yes, he stills barks at most other dogs!

I'm using Frontline, we have 4 dogs and Advantix irritates 2 of them and one is dreadful at taking pills.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back