The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What Is The Breeding?

jml

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone know what you would discribe your puppies breeding as if the dam:collie/greyhoundxwhippet/greyhound/deerhound and sire was: greyhound x greyhound /whippet? as it seem alot to be writing if I was to have puppies and wanted to advertise them.

thankyou for any suggestions :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I make them 1/2 Greyhound, 1/4 Whippet, 1/4 Collie/ Deerhound ........That hasn't really helped has it :b

jml said:
Does anyone know what you would discribe your puppies breeding as if the dam:collie/greyhoundxwhippet/greyhound/deerhound and sire was: greyhound x greyhound /whippet? as it seem alot to be writing if I was to have puppies and wanted to advertise them.
thankyou for any suggestions :)

lurchers you fool

haha i know they would be lurchers good thinking :lol:

people always ask the breeding and I never know the answer, like when you go in the show ring and the judge says what breeding is she/ he?

ummmmmmm

jml said:
haha i know they would be lurchers good thinking :lol: people always ask the breeding and I never know the answer, like when you go in the show ring and the judge says what breeding is she/ he?

ummmmmmm

I think you've got to show all the breeds involved, or at least tell your prospective buyer, so at least they have a fair idea as to what they're getting. Some one like me who hunts Rabbits ain't going to want a dog that'd have trouble getting down to the target!

fair point, maybe if I advertise them as lurchers dam 231/2" sire24" then any prospective buyers would contact me for the exact breeding.

This is something i never thought of at the time of buying my bitch as i Knew i wanted a lurcher and she was ideal.

I then a couple of months later rang the chap who sold her to me to find out her breeding. he only advertised them as lurchers!

I liked her nature and was curious to what she really was, but after being told i did think what if he only knew the parents breeding?, If so then you dont really ever know the exact answer do you?

maybe im just confusing the matter and thinking to much into it!!

greyhound /whippet /collie /deerhound really isn't too much to put in an advert - I don't think so anyway. Giving people an idea of what's in the mix will screen out anyone looking for something vastly different in size from what these pups are likely to be - and anyone who wants the exact proportions will ring you for them :thumbsup:

dh/gh/wh/col :thumbsup: or for short just put heiz 57 lurchers lol :p

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i did think that!!! but then you cant beat heinz, its better than asda or tecos i suppose lol :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back