The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is the worst thing your pet has done?

Discussion in 'General Dog Forum' started by Reecedouglas1, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Reecedouglas1

Reecedouglas1 New Member Registered

I would either when I was in school the dog ripped half of my Spanish book that I had borrowed from the school library or during heavy rain , the dog peed on my brother's bed.

Mad Murphy likes this.
  2. Caro Perry

Caro Perry Well-Known Member Registered

Harri hasn't really ever done anything dreadful - digging up my partners cherished bedding plants was about the worst. The cat however is another story - worst mess was as a kitten mistaking the ash in the fireplace for a litter tray. The kitten turned white and the mess was indescribable..

Jack-Russell-Lover and Edie like this.
  3. Edie

Edie Member Registered

The worst thing edie has done was to bite my oh thumb. She did so much damage that the tendon was exposed. He spent our holiday at the hospital every day for thumb to be redressed. He still loves her!

4. Free spirit

Free spirit Member Registered

On my goodness where do I begin. He is notorious in our village for his exploits. When I got him he was like Hannibal Lecter. Despite all his faults he was a loveable scamp but I realised we couldn't carry on that way or he would be the village's most wanted. He jumped on the village pond chasing ducks, escaped when the binmen left the gate open and finished up in a consulting room at the doctor's surgery. He got into the church and ate half the Harvest Festival. Thank goodness with love and persistent he is turned around but whenever we have a gathering people still chuckle with how I struggled with him.

niamh123 likes this.
  5. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

We always said 'you can take Remy out of the wild but you cant take the wild out of Remy' Poor mite forund dumped in a field he had learned to survive and so thats what he did even after we rescued him.

He would do 'Remy things' in the bushes, I discovered this included scraping at dead logs to expose insects and then hoover them up, making shallow trenches again wating for inscets and licking them up.. He once ate a frog and was sick all day, then he got into someones garden and ate all their strawberries..
    But when he chased a duck into a small canal and couldnt get out. I was most embarressed by banging on the peoples door like the police on a raid so that I could get to their garden and rescue him because Remy couldnt swim properlyand was holding on to their little docking area with his front paws I was so scared he wouldnt hang on and might drown ...it was 7am on a Sunday morning.The people were stunned and not amused especially when I carried a soggy soaking wet dog back through their lovely house!

Jack-Russell-Lover likes this.
  6. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

I won't mention Jasper's 'guardy' incident when he and OH had a disagreement over a bread roll (still in a plastic bag which was why OH didn't want him to eat it).

But I will mention the time he tried to climb through a barbed wire fence because he'd got a whiff of deer on the other side, got some belly skin caught on the barb, and then wound his flesh round the wire as he tried to move forward... It took about 20 minutes for OH and I to decide we needed to call the fire brigage (OH couldn't leave us as he needed to hold the wire down a little to reduce the pressure on J's tum, I couldn't leave or J would panic), and another 20 minutes for them to park as near as they could and walk up the lane to reach us, and cut him free.

7. Mad Murphy

@JudyN Ouch OUCH and OUCH :eek:

you win, thats awful, poor Jasper.

JoanneF and JudyN like this.
  8. JudyN

It could have been worse - at first I thought it was his willy that had wrapped itself round the wire:eek:

His tummy was a bit of a mess after, but there was only one significant cut. If he was a more amenable dog I might have taken him to the vet and they would probably have put a stitch in, but I just kept it clean and kept a close eye on it and it healed fine.

Dibbythedog and Mad Murphy like this.
  9. Cherie59

Cherie59 New Member Registered

My pup once chewed up a whole piece of Kong and swallowed the whole piece of rubber. We were on a car ride a few days later and he got sick in the car and threw up that whole piece of rubber. Poor thing but at least it is not in him anymore :/

10. Vambo

Vambo New Member Registered

When my eldest Springer Snoop was a bit younger he was having a run on the beach, and he stole a piece of chicken from somebody's barbecue. He also used to pick up the carcass of a dead rabbit and refuse to drop it. He once brought home a live hedgehog and would not let go of it. We had to shut him out in the cold until he decided getting warm was more important than keeping the hedgehog, which was unharmed and trotted away once released. He once killed a blackbird which was too young to fly away. Moss has been positively angelic in comparison, I can't think of anything he has done apart from sometimes hiding the post.

Mad Murphy likes this.
  11. JudyN

I've just remembered this one... coming home from a walk, we found a cat poo very close to the front door. As J made a grab for it, I tried to drag him past it and through the door. He managed to get it but as he'd tried to gulp it down so fast it caught in his throat and he had a coughing fit... resulting in a mixture of cat poo and saliva shooting in every direction all over the hall carpet....:confused:

Pixanna and Jack-Russell-Lover like this.
  12. Mad Murphy

@Vambo reading your post reminded me of when Oscar my former BC ran past some fishermen sat by the edge of the lake and only as he paused a bit further on did I realise he had whipped their sandwiches as he went past..

Dibbythedog likes this.
  13. Mad Murphy

If we are talking of dogs past.. Max my Bouvier X St Bernard had a hatred of wheels (tragic story) one night walking him in the pitch dark along a footpath he suddenly shot off.. I heard a scream and a scuffle then Max reappeared holding something curved and mettalic..
    Then I heard voices and a woman saying 'its ok for you to say calm down you didnt see it it was huge and black and it grabbed my bike'

Once we got back to the lighted road I could see what Max had, it was half a mudguard from a ladies bike!

001.jpg

14. JudyN

15. Mad Murphy

He was a beautiful dog inside and out such a gentle giant.. weighing in at 60+ kilos and standing about 30 inches at the shoulder. His best friend in the world was a hamster called Harry !

Janer, Jack-Russell-Lover and JudyN like this.
  16. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

When Roxy was only 1 me and my family booked a little caravan park holiday, on the way there we stopped at a supermarket to stock up, me and my mum went in leaving my stepdad in the car with my younger brother and sister.

We hadn't been in there long when there was an announcement over the tannoy..."would the owner of a black and white Jack Russell please come to the customer service desk"

She had obviously seen me go in, my stepdad had stepped out of the car to have a cigarette and she'd jumped out, (he obviously couldn't go after her) she had legged it in and through the shop!! :eek::D:oops::rolleyes:

Janer and Mad Murphy like this.
  17. Zakjack

Zakjack Member Registered

My little horror Kimba chewed a big hole in my leather sofa three rugs and countless cushions, bought her a large dog bed put in fleece throws and a cushion not one hole or chew mark. Now that takes the biscuit don't you think . !!

Janer likes this.
  18. Mad Murphy

Not my dog but my neighbour. Her ex bought their son a whippet as a pet. The dog was a beauty but mad as a box of frogs. One night I heard angry screaming and yelling from her house. The following morning she knocked at my house to apologise. I just said I hadnt really noticed anything.. she laughed but said " just come and see what that mad dog has done now" I walked into a room and found myself in a lifesized snow globe.. the dog had demolished the sofa leaving just some ripped fabric hanging on the frame and had shredded the foam that filled it into tiny bits.. I knew it was wrong but I couldn't help laughing...

Janer, Jack-Russell-Lover and Zakjack like this.
  19. Zakjack

Zakjack Member Registered

I know we shouldn't laugh but if i hadn't I would have cried . But the the best is when they look at you like honest mum it wasn't me.

Ari_RR and Mad Murphy like this.
  20. Diesel's Dad

Diesel's Dad Member Registered

There’s been a few but this one has to rank pretty high.
    E69ABD4D-AFB8-46A1-A173-92D00A8747A9.jpeg

Wife’s new 209 quid specs left on the table for a moment. Destroyed!

Jack-Russell-Lover and Ari_RR like this.