The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is this dog please?

Discussion in 'General Dog Forum' started by Arcane1729, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Arcane1729

Arcane1729 New Member Registered

Ive always loved the look of this breed whenever I've seen it outside. It's not ugly like a british bulldog- but seems to be related to it... like a mix between a bull terrier and a british bulldog
    dog bugzy video.jpg

2. Kayak

Kayak Active Member Registered

...it's a pit bull terrier...

leashedForLife likes this.
  3. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

...with cropped ears :(

leashedForLife and Mad Murphy like this.
  4. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Which is, of course, a banned breed in the UK. Even similar looking dogs can be seen as "of type" and seized under the Dangerous Dogs Act and destroyed. So much as you like the look, you would have to consider very carefully before you look for anything similar - especially if you are still hoping it would be intimidating to anyone interested in stealing from you.

leashedForLife and Mad Murphy like this.
  5. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Plus the cropped ears would be illegal in the UK or anywhere else in the EU.

leashedForLife and JoanneF like this.
  6. Arcane1729

Arcane1729 New Member Registered

Hmm.. I wonder why it was in a publically viewable British music video...:
    Bugzy Malone-Warning

7. leashedForLife

leashedForLife Well-Known Member Registered

also, for anyone who doesn't know APBTs / Am Staffs [Am Pit-Bull Terrier, per the United Kennel Club / UKC, also known as the Am Staffordshire Terrier, per the American Kennel Club / AKC], they make lousy property guards.

- they're extremely human-affiliative: strangers are just friends they haven't met, B4.
    - they're extremely stoic, & generally hard to scare; excite, yes... scare, not so much.
    - they aren't threatened by much.

Dogs who are confident & outgoing, which describes 99% of average pitties, are not very "defensive".

Akitas, in comparison, are downright paranoid; when we went to the circus, my Akita pup was about 5-MO & good-sized already. Two boxes to our left in the stadium-style seating, a security guard was quietly standing, scanning the crowd; he wasn't talking, he wasn't stiff or angry, he was just looking, side to side, up & down, with a neutral expression.
    Moon alerted on him & wouldn't relax - she stood watching him suspiciously, with a constant low rumble of growl that was more felt when i touched her than heard as a sound. // After telling her twice to settle, & having her respond by turning to me, then pointing urgently at the "lurker", I gave up, & we went to investigate [her intention] / say hello [my intention].
    I told the man that she was worried that he was a bad guy, lurking here, & asked him to please talk to her, so that she'd stand down. He squatted, spoke to her quietly, offered his hand, & 30-seconds later, she was ready to leave - mission accomplished, he's off the criminal list.

She also alerted on a man who was simply standing under a tree for a nighttime smoke; as we approached on the sidewalk, he didn't greet us, didn't move [wave, nod], just watched us approach. Moon stopped dead, & wouldn't let me pass; she moved side-on to block the width of the sidewalk, when i tried to walk past her.
    Again, i had to ask him to speak to her, so she'd relax; he said hi, i thanked him, we moved on. :rolleyes:

The average pittie in those situations would only want to meet them, roll over, & solicit a belly-rub.

- terry