The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What is this dog please?

Arcane1729

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ive always loved the look of this breed whenever I've seen it outside. It's not ugly like a british bulldog- but seems to be related to it... like a mix between a bull terrier and a british bulldog
dog bugzy video.jpg

...it's a pit bull terrier...
Which is, of course, a banned breed in the UK. Even similar looking dogs can be seen as "of type" and seized under the Dangerous Dogs Act and destroyed. So much as you like the look, you would have to consider very carefully before you look for anything similar - especially if you are still hoping it would be intimidating to anyone interested in stealing from you.

also, for anyone who doesn't know APBTs / Am Staffs [Am Pit-Bull Terrier, per the United Kennel Club / UKC, also known as the Am Staffordshire Terrier, per the American Kennel Club / AKC], they make lousy property guards.

- they're extremely human-affiliative: strangers are just friends they haven't met, B4.
- they're extremely stoic, & generally hard to scare; excite, yes... scare, not so much.
- they aren't threatened by much.

Dogs who are confident & outgoing, which describes 99% of average pitties, are not very "defensive".

Akitas, in comparison, are downright paranoid; when we went to the circus, my Akita pup was about 5-MO & good-sized already. Two boxes to our left in the stadium-style seating, a security guard was quietly standing, scanning the crowd; he wasn't talking, he wasn't stiff or angry, he was just looking, side to side, up & down, with a neutral expression.
Moon alerted on him & wouldn't relax - she stood watching him suspiciously, with a constant low rumble of growl that was more felt when i touched her than heard as a sound. // After telling her twice to settle, & having her respond by turning to me, then pointing urgently at the "lurker", I gave up, & we went to investigate [her intention] / say hello [my intention].
I told the man that she was worried that he was a bad guy, lurking here, & asked him to please talk to her, so that she'd stand down. He squatted, spoke to her quietly, offered his hand, & 30-seconds later, she was ready to leave - mission accomplished, he's off the criminal list.

She also alerted on a man who was simply standing under a tree for a nighttime smoke; as we approached on the sidewalk, he didn't greet us, didn't move [wave, nod], just watched us approach. Moon stopped dead, & wouldn't let me pass; she moved side-on to block the width of the sidewalk, when i tried to walk past her.
Again, i had to ask him to speak to her, so she'd relax; he said hi, i thanked him, we moved on. :rolleyes:

The average pittie in those situations would only want to meet them, roll over, & solicit a belly-rub.

- terry

You.absolute.melons...
This is NOT an American Pitbull Terrier.
It's an American Bully..
Which is a legal breed in the UK.
Check the laws on dangerous dogs on gov.
And also search the web for "difference between a pitbull and an American Bully"
So many people don't have a clue what a pitbull is and go on like they do.
Hope this helps

I really like them the gentleman who owns my raw dog food shop has one, he is absolutely stunning and so friendly.
There is also another one who is walked near us who is also very friendly and a gorgeous boy:)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back