The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What's in your dog bag?

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My left shoulder is playing up, probably kicked off by granddaughter-cuddling, and I've been told by my physio to avoid carrying my dog bag over my shoulder. Which is doable in coat weather, when I have enough pockets for everything, but a pain at this time of year when I need a coat in the morning and not in the afternoon. And I can't find my bumbag....

This set me to wondering what everyone carries around on dog walks. What's in your bag/pockets? This is what I usually carry:

house keys
phone
emergency mask
emergency cash
poo bags
treats: kibble & high value
Piriton (in case of adder bites)
whistle
tick remover
nail clippers (sometimes I can get a sneaky clip in when Jasper has a mid-walk snooze)
sling fashioned from a bag for life in case his legs give way
water bottle in warmer weather

My house key and whistle are on a keyring attached to the lead handle. Phone, poo bags and treats are about all else I carry. If it is very hot I take water but that's almost never when we are at home. I have a light rucksack if I need to carry more. Right now I'm carrying my passport, Timber's old passport, his vaccination certificate and animal health certificate as we are waiting to see a vet about a Spanish passport for him to save us getting an AHC for every trip.

I have a falconer's vest (you can get gundog trainers' vests that are similar) which has more pockets than you can shake a stick at, some zipped for keys/phone, some waterproof and wipe-clean. Not cheap but last a long time.

What I carried:

CO2 spray for fending off attacking dogs and I have broken dog fights up with it too, but you have to know what you're doing with the latter, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else doing it.
Small change purse
Poo bags
Tissues
Keys
Spare mask
Treats
Spare lead
Usual lead
Whistle
Phone (switched off)
Small water bottle + collapsible lightweight bowl in hot weather. Not that I exercised in hot weather, but old dogs sometimes get thirsty.

I think the Piriton is a very good idea.

My day to day bag has:
Phone
Address book(contains my emergency contact and all my dogs basic details, owners, vets etc)
spare slip lead
purse
my keys
work keys
poo bags
tissues
fold up dog bowl
water
dog wipes
small round end scissors
clicker
treats
hand sanitizer, mask and spare mask
and a 2 pack of mouth covers in case you need to do resus...
And I will too be adding Piriton now, especially this time of year

I think that's the lot! Oh and usually a bag of crisps, cereal bar and a sarnie:rolleyes::D

- phone
- £10
- treats (kibble and cheese/sausage)
- house keys
- poo bags
- water bottle if it’s hot
- protein bar

Spare slip lead
Whistle
Poo bags
Hand sanitiser
Wipes
Several pieces of kitchen towel
Treats
Phone
House and car key
Piriton and gauze vet wrap and small pair of scissors

I forgot - I always have several pieces of kitchen paper too.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back