The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whats wrong with asfordby track?

thesonofpork

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What is wrong with asfordby track?? i know its not qs gud as stocktons but u cant be perfect now can u?? its a gud considering the weather so there is no complaints really is there?? yeah i forgot there is. what more cud paul and steve done they were watering the track as much times as they cud for the chsmps it had about 30,000 litres of water but still it wasnt gud enough.

i dont think anything wrong with Melton, lets face it the weather been so dry i can't imagine anywhere being lush and green. Pity no-one knows of any bowling greens we could run ton perhaps then everybody might be happy. And before everyone shouts out but you run at Manton so anywhere's better i've heard it all before and yeah we have our bumps at Manton but i know we have no more accidents at Manton than other places and it cant be so bad cos we have been running on it for over 30 years so its not that bad.

I think melton track is gettin better with time .....

sadie old hall is like a bowlin green and was still pretty spongey for the very little rain.............

mind u manton aint got no better in time as it sade still the obstacul corse hahahahahahahahaahahaha{ no affence sadie only kiddin} :p :p :p :p :D

Sadieandco you said that you imagined that no track was lush and green, I can tell you that Kirkcaldy Track was and still is lush and green, but we all know the champs will never be there.

mantons got more bumps than the pepsi max at blackpool its like the 12th at my local golf course up an down a hill, like ure style andy pockett, wait till i get u monged out ure skull in lanzarote and let u take a fat bird home lol then well torcher gary bailey lol, so if asfordbys not the best track wat is????......

hey folks there,s nothing wrong with manton ...iv run there for years ....were all nice n friendly and always av a good laugh ... dont we girls :D see u sunday u manton lotxxxxxxxx

The problem with asfordby is the ground underneath the turf is gravel.This will make the suface drain/dry out very quickly,making it hard .keeping the grass longer whould help.Praise to the organisers for watering the track,and keeping it as soft as possible. our first time there but it's a great location and facilities. :D

not the best ive run a dog on but certainly not the worst, getting better as time goes on, no track is perfect

;) IT"S A PITY YOU COULD"NT TAKE OLD HALL TRACK TO MELTON ;) THEN IT WOULD BE THE IDEAL LOCATION :D

Have to agree with you john, the track at old hall has ran superb all this long, hot, dry summer, there has been plenty of cushion on it.

fair enough, all tracks have thier good and bad points, weather it be quality or location. one thing to take into account with any track is that no matter what the condition, all racers are running on the same surface, thus being equal in a way :p

as for lanzarote andy & andrew, who is going to go in with beefy :8 ? i think we should draw straws for it to be fair. i know i want to put tamberly in there :D , but it wont really matter too much as the apartments are right next to each other :p .

also andy, i dont know what u have planned for mr. bailey but i think ill stay out of it just to be on the safe side :D . i dont want to be a part of a rimming war or anything like that :0 .

eww :w

also i thought i would attach this picture as it just made me laugh alot :D (hope it works!)

View attachment 676

:D he dosnt know what hes letting himself in for ;)

i do and i cant wait for it its going to be mad. i dont think i better sleep in with beef as he mite get jea;ous of all the ladys i pull. paul my msn addy is andyno12k3@hotmail.com and if any 1 else feels the urge 2 add me then do it. i dont care.

Asfordby track;

isn`t horizontal across it`s width or length,

varys in amplitude along its length in short, medium and long comparitive frequency`s.

has a very hard and uneven surface when dry.

Doesn`t have the ampitheatre efect of Old Hall with its raised banks making viewing of racing poor.

The change to Asfordby for BWRA events was, unsurprisingly, thinly reported by Whippet News, even though this decision was not made by the membership I am sure all the BWRA committee must have ratified the move on our behalf. I`m not quite so sure the BWRA decision to use Asfordby had nothing to do with thr BWRA chairmans decision to move to Asfordby from Old Hall, but because Asfordby track is much better than that of Old Hall.

Would any of the close associates of the BWRA committee like to comment on the move from Old Hall to Asfordby ?

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
tony stop trying to get infomation out of me and paul cos were the sons of the chairman and the secuatary i dont no why the moved dont want to no really its all my dads buisness what he does and mine so i dont ask?? if u ask me its blatantly obvious why they moved look at old hall and now asfordby theres a big difference.

ive raced at old hall at champs since 89, the facililities toilets showers ect went down hill really fast from about 96 onwards. ??? ashfordby is a lott better for facilities , old hall track was good and still is, ashfordby track is a lott better than some i could mention , :0 and will get better as time goes on and they make you very welcome :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back