The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

When did your dog last surprise you?

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yesterday I had got ready to head out for a walk, but was waiting for a friend who was coming with us. Jasper was all antsy and ready to go, and I said to him, 'We can't go yet, we need to wait for a friend who's coming round.' At which he went and looked out the front window, which impressed me no end!

So, what has your dog done recently that you weren't expecting - this could be being exceptionally clever, or stupid, or 'naughty', or good?

Does waking me up at 7.30 on a Saturday count?

But, more seriously, we have been working on recalls over obstacles and got this video the other day. The holding position in the sit impressed me more than the recall!

Jake jumped up on the sofa next to me recently, totally out of the blue, hasn't done it in probably over a year and didnt even think he still could!! He stayed long enough for us to go 'wow' and have some fuss then down he got to continue his evening routine of wandering...:rolleyes:

@JoanneF, is Timber by any chance the model used by Nineteen 87? :cool:
Nineteen-87-Baked-Complete-Grain-Free-Lamb-Spinach-1.5kg_1.jpg

Every damn day Ted surprises me. Good or naughty, it's a mix. Most recently he dodged past me at the front door and was play bowing on the front lawn and wouldn't come in. He's a quick little bugger too. At which point my daughter came to the front door crying holding a pair of my knickers that had come off the line. She was upset because she'd been helping me peg the washing out and they hadn't been pegged on properly. She wouldn't go back inside either. Just stood at the door holding my briefs crying whilst ted danced just out of my reach being an ass.

The last good surprise from Roxy I can think of was probably not last summer but the one before I took her into a cafe for the first time (not many around here are dog friendly so she hadn't been before), and she was just so good! Sat at my feet the whole time while I had my coffee without a peep! I thought she'd be really wingey, and there was another dog in there and she greeted her nicely, that's also why I thought she'd be Wingey, wanting to go back to the other dog. I was so pleased :) in fact I think I wrote about it in the thread today's walk :)

Den often surprises me but in a good way.

One of his cheeky things he does is if he sees a couple or two people walking towards us he doesn’t go around them, he likes to walk right in between them! It always makes me laugh.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back