The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

When did your dog last surprise you?

Discussion in 'General Dog Forum' started by JudyN, Mar 2, 2019.

1. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Yesterday I had got ready to head out for a walk, but was waiting for a friend who was coming with us. Jasper was all antsy and ready to go, and I said to him, 'We can't go yet, we need to wait for a friend who's coming round.' At which he went and looked out the front window, which impressed me no end!

So, what has your dog done recently that you weren't expecting - this could be being exceptionally clever, or stupid, or 'naughty', or good?

2. Buddy1

Buddy1 Active Member Registered

Walked past a huge, muddy puddle without laying down in it. A small thing I know, but quite a momentous event for us! Admittedly, the next day he was back to wallowing like a hippo :rolleyes:

leashedForLife, Josie, JudyN and 2 others like this.
  3. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Does waking me up at 7.30 on a Saturday count?

But, more seriously, we have been working on recalls over obstacles and got this video the other day. The holding position in the sit impressed me more than the recall!

Mad Murphy, Flobo and JudyN like this.
  4. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Murphy has been working really hard on his recall with OH lately.. Its still hit and miss but most of the time it works out without tears or tantrums..

5. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

Jake jumped up on the sofa next to me recently, totally out of the blue, hasn't done it in probably over a year and didnt even think he still could!! He stayed long enough for us to go 'wow' and have some fuss then down he got to continue his evening routine of wandering...:rolleyes:

6. Caro Perry

Caro Perry Well-Known Member Registered

Harri packed himself into the suitcase this morning - I guess he didn't want to be left behind!

7. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

@JoanneF, is Timber by any chance the model used by Nineteen 87? :cool: [​IMG]

JoanneF likes this.
  8. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Flobo and JudyN like this.
  9. Teddy560

Teddy560 Well-Known Member Registered

Every damn day Ted surprises me. Good or naughty, it's a mix. Most recently he dodged past me at the front door and was play bowing on the front lawn and wouldn't come in. He's a quick little bugger too. At which point my daughter came to the front door crying holding a pair of my knickers that had come off the line. She was upset because she'd been helping me peg the washing out and they hadn't been pegged on properly. She wouldn't go back inside either. Just stood at the door holding my briefs crying whilst ted danced just out of my reach being an ass.

Josie and Biker John like this.
  10. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

The last good surprise from Roxy I can think of was probably not last summer but the one before I took her into a cafe for the first time (not many around here are dog friendly so she hadn't been before), and she was just so good! Sat at my feet the whole time while I had my coffee without a peep! I thought she'd be really wingey, and there was another dog in there and she greeted her nicely, that's also why I thought she'd be Wingey, wanting to go back to the other dog. I was so pleased :) in fact I think I wrote about it in the thread today's walk :)

Biker John and JudyN like this.
  11. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Den often surprises me but in a good way.

One of his cheeky things he does is if he sees a couple or two people walking towards us he doesn’t go around them, he likes to walk right in between them! It always makes me laugh.

Flobo and Jack-Russell-Lover like this.