The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Barking

dieselw

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all

Need some help.

In the last few weeks our whippet has decided that whenever he is in a room with a male person, he will bark non stop for about 30 minutes before getting fed up and stopping. Not aggressively and his tail wags non stop. Very annoying as we have tried lots of things to stop him but to no avail...................

He doesn't do it with females........

Any ideas or tips would be welcomed................................. otherwise will have to call the Dog Whisperer

sounds like a fear thing, the waggy tail being the give away.

Only thoughts I can offer is to get a gentle quiet man in to feed him treats, if he's food orientated or play with Diesels toys with him.

you need to stay as matter a fact as possible when he is barking and don't bark (shout) back at him. stay calm and try to stay as relaxed as possible.

Good luck - your signature is great, he is a beautiful boy!!!

if any of our dogs bark we have found if we shout STOP very loud and sharply they do in fact stop..it's a command never used for any other situation and because of this they tend to take notice , kind of stopping and thinking huh!... It works for me. :clown: :eek: :lol:

Thanks for the advice...........

Yesdterday managed to have no barking, although almost ;-) the toys thing worked, I think he just wants non stop attention.... that's whippets for you!!!!!

thanks again guys

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back