The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Book

debbsi

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good book about whippets (behaviour, breed, training etc)

Thanks

Deb

There are quite a few about.

My mum swears by CH Douglas-Todds The Popular Whippet which was around in 60's/70's.

A more upto date book is The Whippet by JP Moran-Healy.

The are other books by other authors who are whippet people including Patsy Gilmour, Shirley Rawlings, Anne Vickerstaff and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Mary Lowe's "The English Whippet" which is my bible.

I see that Bo Bengston is working on a new edition of his book on the Whippet too, so that will be bang up to date when it comes out.

Hi
Can anyone recommend a good book about whippets (behaviour, breed, training etc)

Thanks

Deb
A book that I bought when we got our puppy is called "Whippets: Everything about Purchase, Care, Nutrition, Behavior, Training, and Exercising (Complete Pet Owner's Manual) (Paperback) by D. Caroline Coile (Author), Michele Earle-Bridges (Author)" which you will find on Amazon at a reasonable price.

Also for general training books I was recommended "The Perfect Puppy" by Gwen Bailey (who has written a number of dog training books) and the book from the TV series "Its me or the dog" by Victoria Stillwell.

I found all these useful - I actually managed to borrow them from the local library.

Good luck and have fun.

I bought a copy of 'Whippets: Everything about Purchase, Care, Nutrition, Behavior, Training, and Exercising' by Caroline Coile. Grace thought it was delicious. Anyone want a chewed (or should that be dog eared?) second hand copy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back