The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet In Pound

Windsdream

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:) Hi all, i had a call from a lady today, she was looking for a blue whippet pup for her vet.

Anyway we got chatting, and she was talking about a whippet in a pound near her home whitch i think is london, because her phone number started with 0208.

This male whippet was handed in about 3 months ago :( with all papers.

The owners said they could not keep him because they had developed an alergy to the dog.

Why haven't they contacted the breeder of this dog?

The lady knows all this because her husband goes and walks him as often as he can, but they can't give him a home as they already have 1 whippet and 2 rescue greyhounds.

Ive been trying to call this lady back to find out more, but can't get a reply yet i will keep trying.

I realy want to get this dog a proper home but ive not done this before :(

I will post again maybe someone on here knows of someone who wants to give a home to a lonely boy :(

Poor lad!!!!

It would be a good idea to phone whippet rescue when you find ut which pound he is in. ( number top of this forum board).

could try findin out wat area it is using the phone code? then somehow find out if there's any pounds around that area?

:) Progress already, he is at a sanctury in Cranham in Essex 20 minutes up the road from me.

The lady who runs this is very protective over the dogs she vets all homes, which is a goog thing.

The whippet is about 1 year old he is a fawn and his name is sandy :wub:

fully house trained and a o:)

I will ring whippet rescue tomorrow, but first i have to get the sanctury phone number or address.

Barbra the lady iv'e just spoken to is going to ring me tomorrow, fingers crossed

for little sandy :huggles:

Well done to you for trying to help out this poor little boy, and wishing you and him lots of luck :luck:

Well done for finding out about him. :thumbsup:

Doesn't it seem a long time for a young healthy pedigree Whippet to be waiting.

I'd have thought he would have been snapped up long ago.

:luck: Hope he's rehomed soon.

Well Done Tina good on you girl :)

I hope we hear great things soon

:)

Well done Tina :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: from all my whippies to you :wub: o:) o:)

:) News on Sandy, the lady who owns the sancturey has agreed for me to put her name and phone number on here.

And also Maureen Blanks is going threw her paper work, on some people looking for an older whippy. Fingers crossed.

I can now go ahead and phone the whippet rescue :thumbsup:

If anyone is interested in this little boy please ring.01708 220168.

Mrs Frankie Wagstaff.

Cranham, Essex.

Well done Tina for trying your best to help this whippie, :thumbsup: :D

Hope he finds a great home, which im sure he will :luck:

yep sounds like he'll be on his way to a nice new home soon! and good to hear the lady at the pound is protective of her dogs and looks at homes properly!

Tina Of Windsdream said:
:) Hi all, i had a call from a lady today, she was looking for a blue whippet pup for her vet.Anyway we got chatting, and she was talking about a whippet in a pound near her home whitch i think is london, because her phone number started with 0208.

This male whippet was handed in about 3 months ago  :( with all papers.

The owners said they could not keep him because they had developed an alergy to the dog.

Why haven't they contacted the breeder of this dog?

The lady knows all this because her husband goes and walks him as often as he can, but they can't give him a home as they already have 1 whippet and 2 rescue greyhounds.

Ive been trying to call this lady back to find out more, but can't get a reply yet i will keep trying.

I realy want to get this dog a proper home but ive not done this before :(

I will post again maybe someone on here knows of someone who wants to give a home to a lonely boy :(

sounds like mabe with mei hope

Good luck to this little fella and sure he'll be in a home in no time now that K9 is involved.

:) Things are going well in getting Sandy that loveing home.

Tez111, is going to have a home check then if all is ok :luck:

Sandy im sure will have a lovely life :huggles:

Can't wait for these lovely people to send me some pics.

Lets hope we will have some by the weekend :sweating:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back