Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Pup Needs A New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajs fod

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
aMouse001.jpg

Mouse is a little pup of about 6 - 9 months. (will get vet's opinion later today)

She is a sweet little thing. She gambols like a lamb when she is playing. She loves other dogs (of all shapes and sizes) and ideally will find a lovely forever home with at least one other resident pointy dog!

I am fascinated as there is no sign of any nipples on her. I presume they develop late in whippets? (I don't know much about whippets, having only ever fostered two before and they were both boys!)

She doesn't really know what cat are and so far hasn't chased ours. She has now learnt to go upstairs but not how to get down them yet. She enjoys her walks and is good on or off lead. She is good in the car. She has learnt to sit nicely for a treat. She loves to snuggle in for a cuddle.

Someone will be thrilled to add her to their family I know!

Mouse is in foster care for HWAR in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

If you are interested in offering her a home please get the details from Hereford and Worcester Animal Rescue website which is www.hwanimalrescue.org

Mouse is adorable :wub:

I am sure she will be snapped up very quickly :D

........ the girlie whippets don't really develop nipples until after their first season and, even then, they're very small :thumbsup:

I just had a look :lol: Tala (6 months) has nipples like tiny little pimples.

Mouse is a little cracker, i hope she soon finds her forever sofa :luck:

Mouse is lovely . :wub:

I don't think she will have long to wait :thumbsup:

Well I have just had another look at Mouse's scrummy tummy. On close inspection I have found that there are indeed two incy wincy pimples that are her nipples! :thumbsup:

In case anyone has trouble with HWAR website, my number for anyone interested in hearing more aout Mouse is 01594 560053.

Mouse has no issues, so does not need to be in a foster home. Much as we love her, it would be far better for her to be getting used to a new routine with her new forever family, rather than settling in here.

Alison :D

what a pretty girl

im sure it won't be long before she finds her own sofa

just a pity she is so far away from us, we would love to take her home..live in east of scotland.

aMouse003.jpg
aMousel.jpg

A couple more pics. I will try for some of her in action, but so far all I have got is blurry shots!

Sadly I am not the best photographer in the world - :(

By the way, the vet agreed Mouse was about 6 - 9 months. She is 16" to the shoulder at the mo, so may not be quite fully grown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Some piccies from this morning's walk. You will note from the last pic that Bob (the collie) taught Mouse the joy of digging! (Thanks Bob) I wonder if that means she can help us with the gardening. :lol:

She is just perfect!!! :wub:

Mine all went through the digging stage :sweating: ........ luckily they grew out of it :lol:

Naughty Jazzy says not all Whippets grow out of it. She says she is an excellent gardener with very reasonable rates.

Naughty Jazzy says not all Whippets grow out of it. She says she is an excellent gardener with very reasonable rates.

:lol: Brilliant.

Mouse has not really quite got into digging yet. She just had that one go in the woods. Since getting home she has had a play and a nap. She is now napping again! I expect she just needs a bit more practice - or maybe Bob will have to show her once again. He is also napping - in fact it resembles a dormitory here at the mo - the dogs are making me feel quite tired myself actually!

I love everyones whippety footnote pics - and notice that where people have one whippet they usually have more than one!! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Are there any pics of Tala on here? I wouldlove to see another young whippet.

I have a family wanting to meet Mouse tomorrow. They have an older greyhound. They have had greys and lurchers before but have always wanted a whippet and keep missing out on those that come into rexcue.

Do you think a whippet would enjoy living with a greyhound?

It will be hard for me when Mouse goes. I have not had her long but she is so adorable, and I have already fallen for her whippety whoopety charms! :wub:

What a beautiful girl :wub: :wub:

Good luck with tomorrow's meeting - but I'm sure they will fall in love. I bet she'll like having a greyhound friend to boss around :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Feefee. :thumbsup:

...and put like that, I think you are quite right. Madam will soon learn to boss a grey around and just love it! She really is a little character. I can't imagine how any could fail but to love her! She loves it when we have visitors and gets really overexcited at first. She does then settle down eventually, when she thinks everyone has done their duty and fussed her enough! :lol:

Lawdy, the house will feel really quiet without her - but Carol (who runs the rescue) has told me not to worry as she has a lurcherette waiting for her turn to come and stay in the Forest!

Oh thanks for the reassurance Jane - fingers crossed they like her now! ...and for the link to the thread with Tala piccies.

I love the piccies of Tala and her family. She is so much like Mouse, even though she has different colouring. Ooh I do love these whippets!

Excellent news everyone.

Mouse has gone to her fabulous forever home, with a very experienced "sighthound" family. They are thrilled and so am I.

Thankyou all for your advice and support, whilst I have been on the whippet pup learning curve! It has been very gratefully received.

Alison :)

Awww, she wasn't with you long!!

Good luck Mouse - I'm sure she will be in seventh heaven!!! :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back