The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Racing And Staring Death In The Face.

kirislin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have whippet fun days and they are becoming popular photographic opportunities as we allow photographers on the track. Most of the time the whippets dodge us. :) It sure gets your adrenalin up.

5539643500_ce9b517b71_z.jpg

5539644844_346744d947_z.jpg

5539642634_09c968d8db_z.jpg

Brakes! Brakes! hit the brakes!

5539596582_db149d26f9_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well, thanks for at least looking, I will know next time not to bother you with my photos.

Brilliant photography :thumbsup: shame my OH cant take pics like that for some reason i can't get the fourth photo up? probably this computer. We've just strated racing its great fun and the dogs love it. looks like you had lovely weather as well :thumbsup:

Only just seen this!!!!!!!!! Photo taking on the track???????? You must be mad. Great shots though, nothing like whippets doing their thing. :thumbsup:

Incredible Krislin, I wish we could do that here but I fear there would be a health and safety outcry :(

thanks all for commenting, I was feeling like an outcast for a while there, so many views and no comments.

Actually the whippets were pretty good, almost all completely dodged us. A couple of times we had to move, or turn our faces, and cover cameras but overall they were amazingly observant and agile, taking in all their surroundings, and I think it was worth the risk for the photos, we must have looked funny though, there were 3 of us all belly down on the track, like a wall of paparazzi. Not sure I'd do it in front of a greyhound though. :lol:

thanks all for commenting, I was feeling like an outcast for a while there, so many views and no comments.
Actually the whippets were pretty good, almost all completely dodged us. A couple of times we had to move, or turn our faces, and cover cameras but overall they were amazingly observant and agile, taking in all their surroundings, and I think it was worth the risk for the photos, we must have looked funny though, there were 3 of us all belly down on the track, like a wall of paparazzi. Not sure I'd do it in front of a greyhound though. :lol:
Having been pole axed by my greyhound, not worth the risk!!!!!! She was running flat out towards me so I just stood still and bang, she hit me and down I went!!!!! I din't think they have much between their ears, unlike a whippet!!!!!! :)

Having been pole axed by my greyhound, not worth the risk!!!!!! She was running flat out towards me so I just stood still and bang, she hit me and down I went!!!!! I din't think they have much between their ears, unlike a whippet!!!!!! :)

I think the topic title may have put a few off, not knowing what to expect !!

great pics though :thumbsup:

I've been hit by whippets when I am standing up too. These days when they're running towards me I tend to shout at them "look out" but it seems different when they're after the lure and we're laying down. Even so, I still wouldn't risk it with anything bigger and faster.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back