The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Sleeping Arrangements!

~JO~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My 2 will NOT sleep together at night :blink: Archie likes his own space and Stanley will just not settle unless he is his cage :huggles: .

So Archie has a raised bed with his snuggle bed on it and Stan has his cage with his snuggle bed in it... They also sleep in the spare room, which seems to be 'Stan & Archies room' (w00t) as Archie is such an anti-social git half the time he spends most of his evening up there on his own (Kevin the teenage springs to mind :lol: )

I'd love to get Stan out of his cage, tried weaning him off it so many times - but he just starts to shake and whine :wacko: So I guess if he likes it he might as well have it!

So really just wondering what everyone elses doggie sleeping arrangements are? What about those of you who have lots of whippets - do they each have their own bed or are they happy to sleep in together?

Mine have a sofa bed downstairs Jo, and they usually sleep together. :huggles: There is also a duvet dog bed on the floor in one corner.....and sometimes Kobi can be found here on some mornings, so they do like their own space sometimes too. :) :lol: Like Archie - Oscar sometimes retreats to the sofa bed on his own during the daytime.

Its funny because they sometimes share a bed in the living room too, then one will decide to get up and try the other bed out, or maybe the sofa, or my bed :- " :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Janimal said:
Mine have a sofa bed downstairs Jo, and they usually sleep together. :huggles:   There is also a duvet dog bed on the floor in one corner.....and sometimes Kobi can be found here on some mornings, so they do like their own space sometimes too. :)   :lol:   Like Archie - Oscar sometimes retreats to the sofa bed on his own during the daytime.
Its funny because they sometimes share a bed in the living room too,  then one will decide to get up and try the other bed out,  or maybe  the sofa, or my bed  :- " :lol:

I have four whippets & they all sleep in bed with me - that's where whippets are supposed to sleep or so my lot tell me! I am allowed a small, thin space right on the very edge. I used to have a double bed but it got too small for all of us so I had to buy a queen size. Now I'm wondering how much a king size might be!

Gail

GailK said:
Janimal said:
Mine have a sofa bed downstairs Jo, and they usually sleep together. :huggles:    There is also a duvet dog bed on the floor in one corner.....and sometimes Kobi can be found here on some mornings, so they do like their own space sometimes too. :)   :lol:    Like Archie - Oscar sometimes retreats to the sofa bed on his own during the daytime.
Its funny because they sometimes share a bed in the living room too,  then one will decide to get up and try the other bed out,  or maybe  the sofa, or my bed  :- " :lol:

I have four whippets & they all sleep in bed with me - that's where whippets are supposed to sleep or so my lot tell me! I am allowed a small, thin space right on the very edge. I used to have a double bed but it got too small for all of us so I had to buy a queen size. Now I'm wondering how much a king size might be!

Gail

:lol: :lol:

Gail I tried the bed thing when hubby was away once........ never again :lol: - the dogs were up and down, in and out, pant pant ...... and I never slept a wink. :blink: (w00t)

Tia has a lovely bed in the front room which looks brand new as she prefers to be on the sofa with us,she has a bed in the spare room as well as a single bed which is where she spends most of the day underneath the duvet, we have a 6ft bed that is just not big enough when Tia gets on as she spreads her self out, so i dont know how you all go on with more than whippet (w00t)

Our 2 sleep downstairs in the family room usually prefering separate chairs. The puppy crate can be a no go zone as the cat claims it.

PhilX

mine have a sofa in the back room and a big comfy dog bed and a big dog bed on the landing as kiplin likes to be near to us,when i get up in the morning there is 4 whips in the landing bed and molly is usually on the landing at the top of the steps :thumbsup:

Mine have two cushions in front of the radiator when we are in and then when she go out or at night they go in their cages. They both love the cages so much and quite alot of the time in the evening about 9pm Dolly will take herself off to her cage make her bed ( involes loads of nise and moving round in circles) and goes to sleep. She also likes to go to sleep in Mojo's cage and then Mojo joins her. They do love laying on the cushions by the radiator and as soon as the heating is onin witner they are there!! I have always thought of weaning off the cage, but didn't know if this would distress them as they love the cages so much?

Janimal said:
GailK said:
Janimal said:
Mine have a sofa bed downstairs Jo, and they usually sleep together. :huggles:    There is also a duvet dog bed on the floor in one corner.....and sometimes Kobi can be found here on some mornings, so they do like their own space sometimes too. :)   :lol:    Like Archie - Oscar sometimes retreats to the sofa bed on his own during the daytime.

Gail

:lol: :lol:

Gail I tried the bed thing when hubby was away once........ never again :lol: - the dogs were up and down, in and out, pant pant ...... and I never slept a wink. :blink: (w00t)

Yes I tried the bed thing once while John was on nights. Unfortunately I chose the night when, unbeknown to me, Lenny had a poorly tummy. I woke up to hear him whining at the door so I got up to let him out only to stand in a big pile of diarrhoea :x poor little man look ever so sorry, I think he must've been whining but I never heard him until it was too late :( NEVER AGAIN!!!

So now they sleep together in their cage in the kitchen. In fact, another disgusting story - they used to sleep in the cage in the spare bedroom until the night when Lenny had the squits again. I spent a lot of time cleaning liquid pooh off the bedding, my new cream carpet and Molly!!! She must've got in the way of him :(

Beau settles for the couch, and Phoebe goes in the crate. They would both prefer our bed. We use to have a queen size bed. We got sick of sleeping on the edges while the dogs slept peacefully in between us, so we upgraded to a king size bed. What a waste of money that was.....we still find ourselves sleeping on the edges, while the whippets stretch and sprawl all over the centre of the bed :b

It's not even us they love, its the doona (duvet). On hot nights if the doona is on the floor, that's where the will sleep :lol:

Angel comes up to bed with us, Sophie and Frankie (when no girls are in season) have the run of the sitting room and can go in the kitchen, Aimee & Bertha sleep in a duckdown duvet in the large walk-in understairs cupboard which is in the kitchen (has a stable door on it before you all start protesting!). The boys are in the long part of the kitchen (big L-shaped room divided in two by the costly wrought iron partition I had made) where they have two cages plus Aroma pet beds & cushions to choose from plus OH built a 'bunk bed' over the bigger cage that Rupert likes to go on. Sometimes I find the boys are all on separate beds, other times Ronan, TJ & Rupert will be snuggled up together but you don't EVER sit on Dante!!!

All ours sleep in there own cages, and the old girls share a massive cage, they used to come to bed with us years ago but kept waking Kieren up when he was a baby so they"ve been downstairs ever since. :lol:

Milo cally and boris lep down stars milo on the dog bed and the other 2 a sofa each with Indy on top of one of them. They carnt do stares.

Minne sleeps on a dog bed in our room. untill we go to bed Ruby lacey Ninny and Talula pile on alexs in her bed. hafe the time we carnt see alexs :lol: then ninny and Ruby joine us on hour bed non of them will sleep in a room on there own

dessie said:
Angel comes up to bed with us, Sophie and Frankie (when no girls are in season) have the run of the sitting room and can go in the kitchen, Aimee & Bertha sleep in a duckdown duvet in the large walk-in understairs cupboard which is in the kitchen (has a stable door on it before you all start protesting!).  The boys are in the long part of the kitchen (big L-shaped room divided in two by the costly wrought iron partition I had made) where they have two cages plus Aroma pet beds & cushions to choose from plus OH built a 'bunk bed' over the bigger cage that Rupert likes to go on.  Sometimes I find the boys are all on separate beds, other times Ronan, TJ & Rupert will be snuggled up together but you don't EVER sit on Dante!!!
(w00t) 8) (w00t) I love that :thumbsup:

I have 3 soft crates in my bedroom, in each of those you have Kai in the snuggle bed, Beau Belle with her large pillow like Dante she doesn't like to be sat on (w00t) , then Link like's his own space for bedtime he is in love with my old dressing gown and a fluffy blanket.

Then you have little Neo, he sleep's right next to my bed in a dough nut bed doesn't move all night.

Then IN OUR BED we have Jay who has slept under daddy's arm since we got her at 8 week's she's now 4 years old :lol:

Then the monster's :wub: Morph and Shyla when Morph gets on the bed his head hit's the pillow he doesn't move till about 8am the next morning bless.

Shyla likes to have her head on you, and cuddle up, pup's have been as good as gold from 10 week's we took them to bed WELL MARK BROUGHT THEM TO BED :eek:

That's my 7 sorted :wub:

Mine both sleep downstairs in their crates, Sparky has a large crate and Dylan's is a little bit smaller. They both think of the crates as being their special dens and during the day if they nick anything they take it to their dens. If the doors are left open they still choose to sleep there at night but they do have lots of bedding in there of a cuddly nature. They often choose to sleep in there at various times of the day but sometimes they go in each others and sometimes they go in together it all depends how they are feeling I suppose.

When we go to shows Sparky is a B****R and will not go in the crate, put him in and he howls like a wolf, and is a right pest giving the impression he has never been in one before in his life. He likes to lie on the floor on a rug and basically get in as many peoples' way as he can.

Jenny

My 2 have comfortable beds, vet bed and cushions on the floor but they very rarely sleep on them... (w00t)

Inca likes to sleep at my feet in bed with me and Dippy likes to sleep at the side of the OH but has recently started to sleep on the settee in the living room...we have to leave doors open so she can mooch cos if we don't she cries.

And the rest of the time they sleep on the settee whilst we sit on the floor... :blink:

I have a large multi-function room beside my kitchen which has my drawing board, dining table and a stove in it. Each whippet and Milly have raised beds with snuggle-beds or duvets and the iggies share a bed with a snuggle bed. (Lottie will go in a cage when she's in season.) It's the warmest room in the house day and night.

I cover the kitchen floor in newspaper everynight because the iggies don't hang on, and my old girl Morgan often can't hang on either. Then I get up at 5.45am everyday and clean up all the pees and poos.

Morgan used to sleep with us but she prefers her own bed now. We don't let the dogs go upstairs to the bedrooms because we have a wooden staircase which is far too slidey and narrow for them and also OH has asthma.

my lot sleep in their own crates in a room next to the kitchen :D

Tess and Nana sleep in one bed lined with sheepskins by the radiatorS under the kitcken table. Esme is in a crate next to them and Jp in a crate next to Esme. I don't think Esme and Jo terribly like their crates, but I have to crate Jo as she is very destructive when not crated, will pee EVERYWHERE and sometimes attacks Nana. I feel its not fair that she's the only one crated as it would make her even more the odd one out than she al ready is so Esme is still in her puppy crate (very big before you begin to worry). We did try Jo and Esme together in a huge crate, but Jo wouldn't even lie down let alone slepp with Esme in with her.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back