The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Training Tips !!

ruby love

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi I have a 20 week old puppy stayed too long at breeders in a stable ! how could anyone ? Ruby is the sweetest puppy i have ever known she is calm , quiet , lovable, cute , cheeky and loves my children and anyone elses and all dogs of any shape size or breed. I have only had her a week and she has learnt to walk on lead ( with much help of my children and chase insinct!!) and my 14 year old lurcher storm. she has her scatty moments but compared with a rescue lurcher from 7mths she seems like shes been sent from heaven !! she wasnt house trained but asks to go out asks for food actually i am begining to think i can talk whippet !! obviously this is settling in period but she is no longer as timid as she was ! she hadnt been in house before i got her !

anyway is there anyone out there who has any tips on training whippets or any problems i could avoid ??

have been watching dog wisperer sky3 and i think he is wonderful def taking in his tips but really i need breed specific

thanks rubys number one fan x

Hi there

Welcome to K9 - you'll get lots of advice regarding training I'm sure - but I'm not sure if you training her is very likely - Bluebell my 7 month old Whippet has done a marvellous job of training me :lol:

They respond terrifically though to kindness and oh that face if you should happen to get a little cross...when she's destroyed your favourite Gucci shoes or stolen the joint of beef for dinner...that's after she's been fed and stolen your kids sandwiches...

They are the most amazing breed - I look at Bluebell daily and still cannot believe I've got such a perfect whippet :wub: :wub: :wub:

We need pictures of your dogs by the way...just one of those rules I'm afraid :- " :lol:

Yes, we would really like to see pics of Ruby. :D

(If you have probs posting pics, K9ers will be pleased to help with advice about that too)

My Ruby is 24 wks old now.

Pauline & Ruby

having trouble uploading pic help lol!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ruby love. [that sounds as if I am being very familiar lol]

Another new member is just having the same probs. I think we all do at first.

If you can, make your pic smaller on your PC then try to post again.

Or use photobucket www.photobucket.com

Photobucket is the easiest in the end.

There is a pinned topic on this website under FAQ. That may help.

Pauline

maggie217 said:
Yes, we would really like to see pics of Ruby.  :D (If you have probs posting pics, K9ers will be pleased to help with advice about that too)

My Ruby is 24 wks old now.

Pauline & Ruby

view my posts have identical ruby but at 20 weeks !! managed to get one pic on !!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back