The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet X Bedlington Lurcher

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
OEH said:
These pics don't show how smooth her coat is, I'll just find another
all these beautiful whip/beds!

I just missed a rough coated bedlington whippet girl puppy. can anyone help? I need to get a puppy soon so that there's plenty of time before I have to go away on business for 6 days (October) to get house training and acclimatisation sorted out.

My whippet just had to be put down with liver cancer, and I love 2 friends' lurchers of this type. Also I thought maybe a cross breed would be less likely to get nasty things at quite a young age (she was 6).

Sorry to drag this thread up from the depths but I found it while searching google for whippet x bedlingtons. We're getting a pup like this tomorrow... I'm amazed how gorgeous they are once they grow up. :D

Any more pics from a few years down the line??

hellybobs said:
I would like to show my little girl off!!! 
She is a whippet-bedlington cross.

Her name is Incadinkado and she is almost 2 years old.View attachment 13641View attachment 13641

Hi hellybobs. Love your little girl. I have male bedlingtonxwhippet (both parents were crufts dogs but pups were accident!) His name is Fergal and he looks just like your girlie. However he is 10 and I would like to find someone who wants to use him for stud in return for me getting a pup so I can keep a bit of him as I love him so much. If you might be interested, or know someone who might, please get back to me. Many thanks :))

Just to answer the OP:

First cross whippet/bedlingtons always have rough coats like yours. Colours are usually either slate grey or fawn, with or without white points - more or less regardless of the parents. The bedlington coat is a homozygous dominant and creates the rough coat in the first cross. In a second cross (bed/whip x bed/whip) there would be a ratio of 25% smooth to 75% rough, of which the last 25% would be homozygous for the rough and the middle 50% would be heterozygous. In practise, the coat is never quite so even in the subsequent generations.

she looks lovely.

ms

My Scrumpy is a rescued dog so we are not 100% certain but everyone seems to think she is beddyXwhippet. She is 3yrs old, 21" and is like a toast rack on legs. She's just soooo skinny. She has a bit of white on her chest & white toes, she also has a silvery tuft on her head :wub:

Hi there! new to all this,

I have 2 bedlington whippet first crosses, they are about 3 now and absolutely beautiful! I didn't realise anyone else knew about these great crosses. Fell completely in love with the cross with our last dog, reminded me of a minature deerhound, and such great temperaments!. Will get some pictures up of them running, amazing to see them working together!

Hello and welcome to K9 :thumbsup: looking forward to seeing some pics,as i to am a bit of a fan of the beddyx :) Julie

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back