The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

White eyelids...

Cliqmo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone, we are looking to buy a whippet puppy but the little chap we have fallen in love with is a blue party and I just warned to check something with you. One eye has a patch of blue colour over it so the skin is dark whilst the other eye doesn't - so the eyelid and rim is white hair with pink skin underneath.

I wanted to check whether this eye is likely to suffer any more with sunlight, sunburn or other health issues? In all the mooning of whippet pics I've seen, they always seem to have dark skin around their eyes (even the white dogs) so I wanted to check whether this was a fault, or might cause problems down the line. Sorry if it's a daft question :)

(Suffice to say both eyes are dark, alert, healthy etc and the skin is perfectly healthy!)

Occasionally the eye rim pigment won't fill in completely if there is no colour around the eye. This isn't generally a problem for them, mostly just if you were planning to show. Depending on how old the pup is, they may still develop some pigment over time.

It's not something that would stop or concern me if I was looking for a pup I wasn't planning to show.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back