The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Who Is The Best ?

Martin Tucker

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Who is the best person and who would like to train my VIVS QUEST -SHOW THREE dog pup. Will be coming back to me one way or another when the season is over. Trained to traps and lure over here.

Woulden't you get more pleasure from training and racing it yourself.

If its because theres no whippet racing Ireland i just wondered why you bought it.

milly said:
Woulden't you get more pleasure from training and racing it yourself.If its because theres no whippet racing Ireland i just wondered why you bought it.

mmmm doesn't really answer Martin's question...doesn't seem like he's asking you to wonder why he bought it but who is the best person to train it for him and who would like to train it. :p

RICKY HES THE CHAMPION TRAINER NOW MARTIN :thumbsup:

what weight is she ??, and what time is she doing over 150yd,?? how old are they now,?? is she house trained,?? or kept outside,?? is she good with other dogs,?? what food is she on and is she a good eater,?? just some of the question anyone would want to know before taking on someones dog / bitch,

the best person to take on your pup, is someone that can give the time, love, commitment, needed to bring out the best in your pup, this may be someone new to racing or someone thats not got a dog to run at the moment, the most important thing is that they are willing to commit to her

If someone should foolishly proclaim to be the best trainer for this young whippet ,and lets say it doent make the grade, will we all think that the trainer is not as good as he thinks?.I M O I think you should look for yourself at who gets results and ask them to race this well bred pup for you.If I had a young greyhound i wouldn't put an advert in the greyhound star requesting the same as you, it would go to Charlie Lister. :luck:

PS this is not critiscism just sound advice!

if there is traps over there and lures why not train it ye self its not the hardest thing to do,and there must be someone there who as a bit of know about training.Best person for this dog is ye self and look u may enjoy all the up and downs or the dog and its training,another thing is if this pup gets used to other owners and they get used to it what then they might not want to part with the dog

if i need a greyhound training i would send it to bert lister,now hes top trainer ey fletch :D

milly said:
If someone should foolishly proclaim to be the best trainer for this young whippet ,and lets say it doent make the grade, will we all think that the trainer is not as good as he thinks?.I M O I think you should look for yourself at who gets results and ask them to race this well bred pup for you.If I had a young greyhound i wouldn't put an advert in the greyhound star requesting the same as you, it would go to Charlie Lister. :luck:                   PS this is not critiscism just sound advice!

i agree with geof :thumbsup:

Don't think too many people would send a young greyhound to Charlie Lister or any top trainer unless they had a fair idea of the potential of the dog and there ain't too many of the top trainers who will take on a dog unless it is a good one or is showing great potential.

I could be wrong but Martin lives in Ireland..the time and cost involved to bring the dog to England on a regular basis to race against the non peds would mount up to fair size... so it seems to me he is offering someone with a proven record the opportunity to take this pup on and race..but it still remains Martins dog...it's not rocket science...and it's not a top greyhound either.

I'll send our young lad Harry over to train your whippet Martin-but you'll have to put him up in Ireland for a year or so....... :- "

He's an ideal age- 16 years old-knows everything..... :clown: and has an answer for everything.

Harry quite abit younger and a few of the dogs....

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
Spaces spare in our kennels Martin, successful in Greyhounds but yet to prove ourselves in Whippet racing, Genie pups debut end of May. Instead of kennel fees could payment be in the form of a nice 12 month old greyhound dog? :- "

(Well we're looking for one and if you dont ask you dont get!!) :p

Thanks for the replies everyone. The reason I bought `Ernie` is that I have always kept a whippet. My current one is getting old so I decided I wanted a replacement for when he passes on. I thought it would be great to get a well bred pup and as we have a rearing farm here I wanted to rear him the Greyhound way. Plenty of freedom and feeding. Peter and Michelle kindly sold me one of SHOW THREES pups. I always intended him to have ago at the racing, as that`s what he was bred for, but the logistics and expense of travelling over to do him justice was just not practical. I can `do` a dog as good as anyone, but to give him a fair chance he would need to be in the UK. I don`t realy know any of you and that`s why i `m asking for some `advice` on who may be interested.

We don`t time on our gallop. It`s sawdust and i`m sure it would vary to a grass surface. He chases hard and is keen, but I have nothing to guage him with. Haven`t given him too much out of the greyhound traps, because of the difference in size. He`s a bit on the heavy side, as i like weight on him. He`s about 28lbs. Daft as a brush, teraring up and down my paddocks on the opposite side of the fence to a couple of brood bitches. Gets on with any dog no problem but has never been in my house !

I`m not looking for miracles, just someone to give him a chance and i pay all his expenses. If he`s good enough for me and my son to come over to the Champs to see him run, then that would be great, if he`s not up to it, then he comes home and messes around here like he`s doing at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you find someone Martin, the pups had a brilliant start with you GOOD LUCK

He dosnt really need the best " trainer " now just a loving home in England where he will be loved and raced. You have already given him the skills he needs to race.

Very disappointed with the response ! Have e-mailed a couple of people and no replys. What`s everyone afraid of ? Looks like my `dream` is over before it`s even given a chance ! :(

Sorry Martin...not had a chance to reply yet.

Yes we would be very interested on taking on Ernie for his summer hols, but its up to OH as well. Will have to sort out this end and let you know one way or another shortly.

Denise

Good luck Martin and fingers crossed :luck:

Martin Tucker said:
Very disappointed with the response ! Have e-mailed a couple of people and no replys. What`s everyone afraid of ? Looks like my `dream` is over before it`s even given a chance !  :(

hi Martin i bet you aint half as disappointed as Harry's mum---lol (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back