The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Who's Going To The Midland Game Fair?

sighthoundlover

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This will be me and my family's first time at the midlands. What's it like compared to other game fairs? Do lurchers have to be qualified for racing and showing to be able to take part? Mine haven't been to any qualifying shows. :(

I can't wait to go, BUT how is it for queing? The earlier the better? We went to frampton on sunday and for an hour we were sat in 1st gear waiting to get in. :angry: :D

Be good to compete against some k9ers, obviously won't get anywhere with the racing if john's there with storm. :- " :lol:

Oh and are there any sighthound classes, as i want to bring my borzoi? :D

I think that's all the questions. :teehee:

Hi

No you don't have to be qualified on the Saturday and the show and the coursing and racing are all qualifiers themselves. Last year the queues were appauling and the parking for the lurchers was quite a way from the rings and it was generally a bit of a nightmare :wacko: . It's a good show though with lots to do- racing etc, long jump and obedience.

saturday is the showing day as its the "champion of champions". you can qualify for it by winning the show championship on that day, the ch of ch follows. it has all the previous show winners from all over the country. same thing applies for the racing..saturday is a qualifier for sundays main championship. simulated coursing runs most of the day as does the long jump.

by the way storms the father of the "brindle express" ! ...colt ! hes the problem you might come up against !! have to say tho therel be faster than him around id say. :sweating: :sweating: :- " :- "

he has qualified for the show championship on saturday and the racing championship on sunday. so hopefully youll be up against him some time .

hey come and say hello to the boy eh ? ps...the midlands is the best game fair ive ever been to and ive seen quite a lot !

j :thumbsup: hn

Last edited by a moderator:
Might pop along while Dobs is resting and watch the long jump, I've never seen it before and been told it's great. :D

I'm there from friday night onwards, so hopefully may bump into a few of you over the weekend.

Just going Sat, can only take a limited amount of dogs as OH refuses to go :- " Didn't realise we'd also qualified for the racing on Sun but won't be able to go :(

Definitely intend to make the most of Sat, independence day :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Well thanks for all the reply's, guess we'll see quite a few then! :D Definately going on saturday, not sure about sunday.

John i did mean colt, storm just came into my mind first. :lol: None of mine will beat him, does he run in over 23''? If so 2 of mine could be running against him. :eek: :D

Does anyone have the post code for the midlands? I need to get a route as im coming from swindon and i need plenty of time for queing (sp). :)

Me and family won't be missable, at least 6 dogs will be tagging along, mainly fawns and brindles with a merle. :lol:

Guess i'll see you all there. :cheers:

hey thought i was the only one that thought one thing and says another ! :wacko:

yeh COLT runs over 23"s. pm me your email addy and ill do you a route right this second.

j :thumbsup: hn

theres about 18 of us going mally and stormydog come and find us it will be a wild weekend . this will be one top shindig lets have a real good craic .... lots of the welshies , scots and english gettingtogether for a top weekend

brinnyboy said:
theres about 18 of us going mally and stormydog come and find us it will be a wild weekend . this will be one top shindig lets have a real good craic .... lots of the welshies , scots and english gettingtogether for a top weekend
...what about the ULSTER MEN ! ooops and women .

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

stormydog said:
brinnyboy said:

ok we will allow you to come along ... no seriously look forward to meeting you all will be a real wild weekend for all concerened :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

brinnyboy said:
stormydog said:
brinnyboy said:

ok we will allow you to come along ... no seriously look forward to meeting you all will be a real wild weekend for all concerened :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

it's a real shame i don't drink alcohol :- "

i'll be there too mally, but i cant see myself sitting in a beer tent!lol :blink: like ur self i dont drink too much!lol o:) it will be good to meet use all... :) :thumbsup:

Rose :)

WHO NEEDS A BEER TENT.... stormys coming supplied !!!! beer on the hoof !

j :p hn

According to t Midland Game Fair web ste the adress for Weston Park is

WESTON PARK

WESTON UNDER LIZARD

SHIFNAL

SHROPSHIRE

TF11 8LE

If you want to double check just go to the midland game fair site

GO ANNNNNNNNNNNN THE BIG STRIPEY BASTARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

( run colt..go a bit faster please ) .... o:) . o:)

---- words and description by his mild mannered owner j :- " hn--------

Miss Madam said:
i'll be there too mally, but i cant see myself sitting in a beer tent!lol :blink:   like ur self i dont drink too much!lol o:)   it will be good to meet use all... :)   :thumbsup:
Rose :)

Awwwwwwwwwwww Rose .........gwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan :cheers: have a beer or ten :thumbsup: let your hair down a little !

(w00t) Actually though, I will be needing you to keep a level head as I am entrusting you with the task of keeping a tally of Johnnies beer intake :eek: I do hope your Dad has a HUGE boot 'cos Im thinking its going to be full of empties by the time you get to the MGF lol :thumbsup:

would love to have gone as its not too far away from me but we are decorating (or rather OH is :- " :b )

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back