The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wickwar Park Drag Coursing Club, Whippet Stakes

Cloke

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We were invited by Mr Bob Tovey, at short notice, to put on 3 whippet stakes at his Waterloo Cup greyhound meeting in Gloucestershire. Despite last minute withdrawals, we were able to run all 3 stakes. The dogs ran a straight uphill grass track for a distance of 400 metres. The weather and the ground was perfect and there were some excellent close courses, especially in the finals.The slipper was Mel Nichols and as always, his slipping was impeccable. The greyhounds as usual ran for cash, but Mr Tovey provided engraved trophies and rosettes for the whippet winners. The sun shone, there was good racing without injuries and we were all on our way home by 2 00p.m.

Results

Whippet Derby

Winner Sue Meacham's Vensuter Almond,(Exmoor Gold)

Runner Up Sheila Birches Little Sumo

Whippet Oaks

Winner Julia Cloke's Wheatroyd Magic Mushroom(Chimes @ Midnight)

Runner Up Annette Fursdon's Whirling Whimbrell

Mixed Stake

Winner Julia Cloke's Vensuter Crimson Belle(Brilliant Chimes)

Runner Up Joan Davies's Lampyte Dancing Princess(Dancing Princess)

Well done the winners :cheers:

BTW I think you mean Sheila Gould not Birch Julia :D . Little Sumo is Apache Jack Flash.

Judy said:
Well done  the winners  :cheers:
BTW I think you mean Sheila Gould not Birch Julia  :D . Little Sumo is Apache Jack Flash.

Judy

Sheila was entered on the card "Birch" not "Gould" so Birch it has to be!

:oops: I stand corrected :thumbsup: Didn't realise she had changed her name :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pleased that Dougan :wub: won - pleased my boy was knocked out by the winner!

Well done to all other winners too :D

Some pics -poor and the batterise ran out!

Sorry!

gh.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks for that piccie of Supe & Dougan Gavin 8) Shame your battery ran out and you missed Magic :angry:

Rae said:
Thanks for that piccie of Supe & Dougan Gavin  8)   Shame your battery ran out and you missed Magic  :angry:
Tnx Rae.

I got a nice pic of Magic`s bum as the rest of him disappeared behind the judge`s rostrum! :- " :teehee: :oops:

I wasn`t at my sparkling best that day but happy that you`re pleased.

If you PM me with your e-mail addy I`ll send you the full sized pics.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

from the boys.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx from the lone remaining kitten. o:)

no messages on the machine for people desperate for your kitten then - nevermind - Liz seemed very taken by it perhaps you can persuade her :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back