The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Will The Police Enforce Dog Laws? No

Dotty&Duke

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am soooo angriy Much the same as the other thread 'incosiderate owners'. Just got back from taking Duke for a walk. We were on our way back from a long walk crossing a green on a nearby housing estate Duke obviously on a lead. i notice kids playing on the green they had 2 dogs with them, the kids can't have been any more than 7 or 8, I also notice a policeman chatting to someone in a car, nothing unusual in that. Then out of the blue one of the dogs comes hairing over to us, Duke does not like being taken by surprise by over excited off lead dogs, when he is on lead, this is perfectly understandable, not many do, and like any other dog greeted so rudely he will bite. I shout over to the kids 'hey who's dog is this'? No responce the dog has a lead trailing behind it. I grab the lead and the dog practically strangling Duke to stop him from having a pop. I shout to the officer, twice, 'excuse me excuse me' quite loadly no responce! I march over to the officer dog in tow, explain the dog is not under control in a public place, the road was yards away, The officer finds out whose dog it is and tells the kid to take it home, with that another dog belonging to the same kid starts harrassing Duke again the officer just tells the kid to take his dogs home. I ask him what he is going to do about this situation? eg speak to the parents, maybe ask them if they are aware of the dog law, something sensible like that, he responds no its all sorted now and goes back to talk to his mate!! OMG If I could swear on here this thread would be Bluuue!!!!!! If the Police won't inforce the laws what hope is there for the rest of us!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am soooo angriy Much the same as the other thread 'incosiderate owners'. Just got back from taking Duke for a walk. We were on our way back from a long walk crossing a green on a nearby housing estate Duke obviously on a lead. i notice kids playing on the green they had 2 dogs with them, the kids can't have been any more than 7 or 8, I also notice a policeman chatting to someone in a car, nothing unusual in that. Then out of the blue one of the dogs comes hairing over to us, Duke does not like being taken by surprise by over excited off lead dogs, when he is on lead, this is perfectly understandable, not many do, and like any other dog greeted so rudely he will bite. I shout over to the kids 'hey who's dog is this'? No responce the dog has a lead trailing behind it. I grab the lead and the dog practically strangling Duke to stop him from having a pop. I shout to the officer, twice, 'excuse me excuse me' quite loadly no responce! I march over to the officer dog in tow, explain the dog is not under control in a public place, the road was yards away, The officer finds out whose dog it is and tells the kid to take it home, with that another dog belonging to the same kid starts harrassing Duke again the officer just tells the kid to take his dogs home. I ask him what he is going to do about this situation? eg speak to the parents, maybe ask them if they are aware of the dog law, something sensible like that, he responds no its all sorted now and goes back to talk to his mate!! OMG If I could swear on here this thread would be Bluuue!!!!!! If the Police won't inforce the laws what hope is there for the rest of us!!!
if you took note of the officers number report him to the commisioner of police for the district you are in dont bother reporting to local station,, it may take a few weeks to filter down to station level but it almost certainly will be acted on, dont expect a reply to soon from your initial complaint . worth a try

yea sadly i didn't, I think I was just so shocked. No wonder this country is in the state its in with people like that enforcing the law, or in this case not. I am a nurse and sometimes nurses get a bad press, the way that copper behaved is the equivalent of a relative saying to me, 'my husband has just had a cardiac arrest' and me ignoring it. I wouldn't get away with it so nor should they! ughhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear this, - hope you and the dogs are OK now, - though understandably very angry.

It's only 'sorted' till the next time it happens!

How disgusting. Happens too often and as previously said only sorted until the next time. Hope you have a more enjoyable walk today :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back