The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

YORKY BOY/SNOWSHOES

NEILPEM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A  long time ago, dont know how many years ,i was still at school,and used to watch the racing at carlton whippet racin club,not sure but i think dave and brenda thompson use to run it. i only lived 5 minutes away so walked there every weekend.then one day my dad bought me a dog ,one of his mates (wally brown) owned the bitch (snowshoes)  the sire dont know where it came from but it was called yorky boy. as anyone got any info on these dogs and there breeding.

Neil give me an hour and i'll have some info for you!!!!

I have never heard of a dog called Snow Shoes from that far back  but i will check for results from carlton whippet racing club to see if the name shows up.

Blue Peter

Rch Yorkee Boy

Gypsy

Blue peter was a really well known stud dog (blue as previously mentioned)

I'm not quite sure that gypsy was open class but will continue to search, hopefully i will be back soon with more info for you)

-----

Vicky

Sorry Neil i failed to mention that Yorkee Boy was famous for throwing cracking pups to greyhound bitches and large whippet x Greyhounds

I have found Yorky Boy in one of my dogs pedigrees and he won his Rch title at the 1st ever BWRA championshipsin 1968, not only that he went one better and gained Sup Rch.

-----

Vicky

Well well look what i found - the original advert for what i presume is the litter of pups from which you had a dog Neil!!!!

Still not bloody found what i was looking for though!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
neil i thought when you were still at school whippet racing had just begun ,flat caps ,hob nail boots and traps not yet invented on whippet tracks ;) lol ill ask andy patterson as im sure he had a dog bred from yorky boy also ask john gill too. how did you get out of borstal school to watch racing anyway dink :D told you id get ya for getting red and white hat for pup gazza :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :0

a job well done vicky cheers ;) may be wrong but i think you were in the next dorm to me at borstal gaz :D i got weekend leave now n again as did you,but they had to cut your weekends off for a few week so they could get bus windows cleaned :p :p :p i heard you hated it in borstal too many bars and not enough windows,waaaaaaaaasupppppppppppp ;)

by the way vicky you got the litter right,i had the dog pup ,well done nutter you done a fine job,i named the pup black arrow,but should have named it broken arrow cos it flew like one :( :( :(

sorry gaz i meant steal bars not the ones your used to now :D ;)

:p :p :p you on about when you were in strangeways nutters wing ,and i used to visit you on weekends . :p you had a good job .then redundent after they invented windowlean but your right about bars :D :D :) lol radgy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back