The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

You Whippets

whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hiya oak more hill iv bin looking at the pictures of your whippets and they are sooooo cute but i was wondering about william was a great dane or a grey hound because he looks huge i dont no much about about grey hounds but i didnt think they were that big!!!!!!!! i thought they were only a bit bigger than whipperts and my whippet is soooooooooooooooo much smaller than that.

hope you dont mine me asking im just curious all your dogs look realy cute have any of them won at crufts? what do they have to do to win? lv whippets

Hi there,

William is a show greyhound and they do tend to be bigger than the greyhounds that most people think of . He is 30 inches to his shoulder and being not quite 2 1/2 he is still maturing and has still to fill out more.

When I first had William I to thought they're not much bigger than whippets my biggest whippet Owen is 21 inches but it is not just hieght it is also length William's coat was made for him as it is 32 inches from kneck to tail he is not quite that long but as he is still maturing so I would prefer it to be big now

This year will be William's second year at Crufts last year he came 3rd in his class and was beaten by the top winning youngsters in the country. Needless to say we were pleased with this as it was William's 2nd champ show having qualified at his first champ show and the winning dog has became a champion not long afterwards

Are you going to Crufts on the Friday ? It you are please don't be shy come and find us then you can meet Wiliam for yourself

Helen and William (dad says I'm a cross with a donkey)

I'll be there! I'll be doing the normal, walking around thinking 'that person looks familiar, I've seen that dog before' :wacko:

forgot to add

you'll most likely find william around the whippet benches we tend to keep away from the greyhound lot until we need to be there

william is a lovely dog

good luck at crufts helen& william and the boys

no i arent going crufts we havent had molly long and she is just a pet i didnt realise greyhounds were so big i considered having a geryhound before i had molly i am glad i decided on a whippet instead i dont think i have got a big enough house and garden for a greyhound!!

thanks!

luv whippets

p.s. good luck at crufts:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back