The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Your favourite dog breed?

Deri Price

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello there, just wondering what everyone’s favourite dog breed is out of curiousity?

I love all sighthounds...they are totally different to any other dog ....
I would love a miniature English bull terrier one day ;)and jack russells....
Sorry I couldn't choose just one :D:D

I'm a sighthound fan too. I've always kept lurchers, but I'd hoped one day to have a Deerhound....Borzoi....Saluki....Galgo.... one of each, really. But it never happened, and won't now. Also a very soft spot for Bedlington terriers.

I love all sighthounds...they are totally different to any other dog ....
I would love a miniature English bull terrier one day ;)and jack russells....
Sorry I couldn't choose just one :D:D

Thats cool, I love Staffordshire Bull Terriers. I used to have a crossbreed.

My girlfriend wants a Jack Russell, maybe I should get her one :)

My own favourite, just by having the privilige of owning one would be a GS Deerhound X,unusual mix but together
it brought out the very best in both breeds.Since he passed I am trying to get my head round the rescue lurcher
thing I took on,no idea now his brain works, i dont think he does but hes very loveable.
Had 3 collies,they are ok but can have the herding instinct, one of them had a real sheepdog stare and would growl
if you didnt submit to him and stared back.

Last edited:
My favourite breed is rescue! I always go for personality over appearance or breed traits, so basically I will take anything, but beyond that, I love lurchers (my first dog), especially bull lurchers, also terriers of all types and anything crossed with a collie (especially a GSD or Labrador), as well as having a big soft spot for cockerpoos, poodles and cavaliers. Also cannot resist an English Bull Terrier or a Staffie, wonderful clownish dogs with great character.

Any sighthound, particularly big hairy deerhound lurchers. I would adore a full saluki, to my eyes they are the most beautiful breed. Though not necessarily the easiest...

Best answer without a doubt. My dog what passed roughly a year ago was a rescue staffordshire bull lurcher. Was a bit of nuisance with other dogs but was worth it.

My lurcher can be hard work,he has a mind of his own and doesnt do tricks just for my entertainment,
he can be naughty but I know he hasnt got a bad bone in his body.
Think you have accept most rescue dogs are bound to have problems,mine was was passed from
foster home to foster home before I adopted him.He has a massive scar on his chest indicating
that at stage he was either attacked by another dog or possibly had some kind of accident.He is
still very reactive to large black dogs so probably was attacked.One good thing is that he loves
all people so i dont think he was subjected to cruelty

I don't have a favourite breed as such. Funny thing is, until a few years ago I wasn't a dog lover at all! I didn't hate them or not like them, I was just indifferent. Then, where I was working at the time, my boss would bring his little playful spaniel in and we had some good times, and that led us to taking in Jimmy, a mixed breed and oh-so-loving rescue dog.

I am like that with cats, too independant to really take to, Dogs really have the knack of worming their way into
your heart, bit sneaky really , they get everything they want in return, walks, playtimes, food and cuddles.

Hands down, Pembroke corgi's for me. This breed in general, and my Piper specifically, is so full of spunk, intelligence and charm I just love her and this breed! She is the sweetest thing but she also loves to be the boss of the world and I just love a dog with such charming attitude! I read years ago that corgi's are part cruise ship director, part school hall monitor, and that is my girl to a T! lol
And as an aside, I have to chuckle at the comment that cats are too independent. Some? Yes, but so are some dogs. I have had cats my whole life and only one has been aloof. The others are all the first to greet me at the door when I get home, cuddle with me when I sit down on the sofa and and nuzzle me if I'm feeling a bit blue.

I have 3 favourite breeds all working breeds bred to do similar work.
Border Collies, GSDs & Bearded Collies-all the working versions, not pet or show bred.
I also like non descript rescue mongrels & at the moment I have two from overseas, both failed fosters

Hands down, Pembroke corgi's for me. This breed in general, and my Piper specifically, is so full of spunk, intelligence and charm I just love her and this breed! She is the sweetest thing but she also loves to be the boss of the world and I just love a dog with such charming attitude! I read years ago that corgi's are part cruise ship director, part school hall monitor, and that is my girl to a T! lol
And as an aside, I have to chuckle at the comment that cats are too independent. Some? Yes, but so are some dogs. I have had cats my whole life and only one has been aloof. The others are all the first to greet me at the door when I get home, cuddle with me when I sit down on the sofa and and nuzzle me if I'm feeling a bit blue.
Ohhh I love a corgi I must admit, fabulous dogs, often just the right side of feisty (great name btw). Not as popular as they once were, but I really like them.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back