The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

your first whippet

sherry

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
;) Where did u all get your first whippet from. As normally its whippet people sell to whippet people etc etc.

We got our first whippet out of the Ad mag paper he was advertised in that. We have still got him hes out of Pigeon x Teal (a field dog) through getting Ziggy we met Molly and Andy Pattinson with them having Pigeon. They introduced us to a few people and we got our next whippet Brandy from Denise and Gary Bailey shes out of Pigeon x Baileys Comet. We still got her as well. So come on tell us about your first whippet and who did you get it off? :teehee: :teehee: :thumbsup:

Well, we were invited to travel up and stay at the Scottish Derby in 2001. We only intended on watching the whippets run and cheer on Pleasure Shared. However Mum went over to the pub one night and got talking with Miles O'Brien (Pathfinder,Dessie's Image), he mentioned his dog Connor (Selim Cool) and how he was going to mate him for the first time to a bitch owned by a local woman. Mum said she'd like a pup but we thought nothing of it for the next few months until a phone call in June 2002 to say Connor was lining this bitch. We had never owned a dog before and Mum was still umming and arring about it till anotehr phone call to say the bitch had given birth to 1 bitch and 2 dogs. Mum then said yes she would take the bitch. So throwing ourselves in at the deep end the pup was collected in November aged 10 weeks along with one of her litter brothers and Paradise Pleasure who was 4 weeks old at the time.

:p Cmon dont be shy what about the rest of u? Where did u get your first whippet from? Did u know any whippeteers? 8)

my dad used to race pedigrees with my grandad years ago but when my dads dog got killled he came out of the sport then dad had back trouble and was told the best solution was walking so he wanted to get another dog, but mum didnt want any, so dad and me phoned around the people with stud dogs advertised in whippet news for ages nobody wud let us have a pup cos they didnt knwo hu we were then we got in touch with tony and yvonne and they told us they were mating cracked it and alabama and offered us a pup when they were born, so me and dad said we wud like a dog and had to wait, then when tig wsa born we got a phone call to say we cud have a dog, but mum was not very impressed she wudnt talk to us for ages, then we took her to see the pups then she sort of warmed to the idea but not much, then when we went to pick tig and take him home she came with us and she gave him his name, and he then got his scott trademark by visiting the mcdonalds drive through on the way home lol

My first whippet was from a rescue, she was dumped at 6 weeks. Had her for 16 years...she was a babe :wub:

My first Whippet was a fostered dog :unsure: .....but that was nearly 9 years ago (and now we have 4 of them :oops: )

Oliver came from a rescue and was/is my first pointy nosed dog. :wub: They're definitely addictive!! :lol:

our first (my dads ) was awoodridge whippet in the late seventies , that was whae rugeley had a big whippet community when the pit was open , mine now is from jendale of telford show/working stock atop dog!

We got our first Whippet last year, lol. After deciding this was the breed for us, a lot of phone calls ensued and we found two 9 week old black and white parti boy's (Laguna lines). However we decided we'd rather choose a younger pup so we could watch him grow and plan a little bit before we brought him home. And that's how we ended up with Alfie. We picked him at 3 weeks of age, visited him again at 5 weeks and then picked him up at 8 weeks. However only having owned him for little over 5 months I already know that I will always want a Whippet around me for the rest of my life :wub:

Hiya, :p we got our first whippet in 1969 he was out of Wilf Berry's ( Boy Blue )Blue Peter x Baby Doll......and Brian Harvey's (Pats Pride).unsure of her breeding ... when he won his first heat in an open we received a little silver cup and we still have that little cup today. :p

I got my first whippet 6 years ago-Crystal Bay-(Goldrunner and Lauras Dream) from John Connor as a pet.

Steve's first whippet was acquired in the 1960's. Just a slight difference in the time factor there eh?

Karen Boyd :clown:

:D wow pat thats great to still have the little silver cup. Thats 35 years later cud b worth somat now pat ay? lol :lol: Seriously though that is why it is nice to win trophies. ;)

I bought my first whippet 19 year's ago. She was 6month's old but after only 6 weeks she cut her leg badly and tore the tendon's in her back leg,so she never got on the track.About 6month's after the accident I was offered a tiny wee bitch from a friend at Polbeth WRC. He was going out of the racing and gave me her for nothing. She realy got me racing her name was Fancy Whisky ( Hi Whisky /Rhines Fancy). A few year's later I bought Barley Bree and just went on from there.

Hi Pat - was that dog Little Pete or have i got it wrong you have to remember i was only about 6 then so my memory a bit vague hahaha.

Think i had just started bein the lure girl at that point - oh my god do you remember the ball hare U-bend racin Pat at Shireoaks - that was a sod takin lure round for that.

Karen

You got it right Karen....... :D when he won his first race we stood him on the sideboard and took a photo of him with his litle cup........I remember you was a good lure girl....... always smiling and a credit to your mum and dad :p

i had my first whippet at the age of 5 {captains girl} my grandad brought it me at the championships, (w00t)

my first whippet i was about 10...grease lighting

I BOUGHT MY FIRST WHIPPET IN MARCH 1973 6 MTH OLD FOR £5, HE WAS OUT OF TWO CLUB DOGS CANDYMAN X CINDARELLA STILL GOT THE FIRST TROPHY HE WON IN THE JUNE OF 1973, :thumbsup: :D BEEN HOOKED EVER SINCE :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back