The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Your Highlights Of The Year

jok

Jo - Citycroft
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As 2006 draws to a close i thought it would be nice to share our favourite moments of 2006. In particular, in the show ring. :)

This is my first year as a Whippet owner and shower. I've loved every minute of it and met some lovely people :huggles:

Highlights for me....

NCWC Champ show (April) - Frankie 2nd MPD, qualifying for CRUFTS for the first of several times this year. He's my first, so it was very thrilling!

I was also lovely when Holly was RBPIS at Rugeley Show in September.

Would be interested to hear of everyone elses, a lot far more exciting than mine i expect!

We had a brilliant year :huggles: First bestest moment was Carn getting a 3rd at Crufts :wub: and then Both my boys in the line-up for BD at Bournemouth . I was and am very proud of them.

I think, for me, watching the boys I bred do so well. :D It is far more nerve wracking watching them than showing mine. Lily being placed at her last four Champ shows ( two 2nds, then two 1sts) was pretty good too. :thumbsup: Getting another caravan and knowing we didn't have to travel home after some shows was good too. :lol: :cheers:

because of my dad having his heart attack , jan being in season and then im whelp ive not really done any shows this year :(

i did a little open show at stockport in april i took jan and mouse (mouse hates showing ) just to boost the numbers and jan took B.O.B and mouse took B.P.I.B (w00t)

i couldnt stay for the group as i had to go pick my kids up but none the less a lovely day :thumbsup:

but on the dog front my best moment has to be when jan gave birth and mum and pups are safe and happy :wub:

GOOD LUCK ALL IN 2007 , SEE YOU IN THE RING :luck: :luck: :luck:

I think the best part of 2006 was having the pleasure of watching Marble develop into a handsome,elegant, loving little fella. :wub:

Highlights:

Seeing as I trashed my knee at the Chertsey show earlier in the year it had to be watching Marble moving in the ring. He has had a great start to his showing life and so far hasn't been unplaced.

Great days out with really good company

Loved watching Marble's reaction when he met his relations at his first Champ show.

Made a few friends along the way & I always get to take Marble home!

Here's hoping that 2007 will be equally as good if not better for us all :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hopefully my leg will recover at some point & I might get to qualify for Crufts 2008

Michelle

What a nice topic Jo :D

Haven't really shown my 2 much this year, Archie is semi-retired :- " I took Stanley to SW Hound in April just for fun as he hasn't been shown since he was about 11 months old - but wow he went like a little trooper and enjoyed being in the ring with his mum so much and he managed to get 1st!! No-one was more shocked than me, such a dear little boy who suffers with his nasal condition so it was good to see him so happy :huggles:

I've had a lovely year though handling my Dads boy Louis, we went to his first Champ show in April at the Whippet Club and got a 2nd in MPD :cheers: and then he did it again at Birmingham, and Paignton, and Bournemouth.... as well as a 3rd at the Houndshow - So we are very happy :D

So quite a few highlights and am hoping for an even better year this year :D

For a win the highlight of our year was Zoomie taking Best in Show at Scotland's largest open show, Dundee's Premier summer show... but the show itself was fairly unfriendly and long. Zoomie did win a lot of money, dog food and huge rosettes but apart from the lovely sunshine most people were pretty grim and it spoils the day for me.

Much more fun were the shows where I met friends, had lovely picnics, had fun with the dogs and really enjoyed our days out.. and thankfully there were plenty of those in 2006.. where the winning or otherwise came second to a good day out :thumbsup:

I had a fantastic year in the show ring. I can only hope my good fortune continues in 2007:

Highlights

Aime's Brisbane Royal CC and RUBOB

Aime BIS under Mr Cleland

Aime BIS under Mr Baker

Dino hitting 600 points

Layla reaching 854 points at year's end (only 146 to go for Grand Ch - please, Dog Show God, let her achieve it )

Reba the Husky getting her title (after a difficult battle with her fear problem)

Cash & Aime's litter born relatively easily and all healthy, happy and good looking pups - and getting three of these in show homes outside my own ... I'm ecstatic about that. :D

We have had many memorable moments in the show ring this year but the highlight for me had to be when Rushden Moody Blue won his final few points to make him an Irish Champion :thumbsup: I was so proud of our Isaac !!!! :cheers:

.......and with our other breeds...... It was absolutely brilliant when Louie :wub: our CKCS (Collooney Red Andy of Rushden) won Best In Show at The CKCS Club of Ireland :D :D

and finally, not forgetting the arrival of our fantastic litter of whippet puppies sired by Albert Richies beautiful Demerlay Love me Do At Gwendariff out of our own Rushden Hot Gossip......We were delighted with them :wub: :wub: ........ Look out for Rushden Impressionist (Renoir) in a ring near you early next Spring!!!

:cheers: HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM ALL OF US HERE AT RUSHDEN :cheers:

Tracy

not done much showing this year due to other commitments,but was very proud when Peter and Jack(his son) qualified for Crufts 2007 at Bournmouth :D peter got BOB at Okehampton and group 2 and afew best in show at Companion shows.

also Peter being a Dad again.Had alot of sadness which also wish to put aside.

05 was probably just a little better, showing wise, with Woody getting Res Best Dog in South West Whippet Club spring show, Best dog and RBIS at their autumn show, BIS at Totnes etc. BUT 06 wasn't half bad either starting with 2nd in Post Grad at Crufts, 1st in Post Grad at WELKS, a couple of seconds in limit , several BOBs and Group placings but also getting my new little monster who will make his debut at Bath next year!!

Gill

my best highlights were when woody 1st time out got 1st in a big class at sywc show and qualified for crufts :D and then he got best puppy dog at midland counties champ show :D what a day that was ,

and mini qualifieing at the national dog show :D

i hope everyone has a good year in 2007 :cheers:

my best highlights were when woody 1st time out got 1st in a big class at sywc show and qualified for crufts :D and then he got best puppy dog at midland counties champ show :D what a day that was ,

and mini qualifieing at the national dog show :D

i hope everyone has a good year in 2007 :cheers:

2006 gave me the greatest thrill I have ever had since I began showing over 20 years ago....

[SIZE=14pt]Reggie winning Veteran dog at Crufts[/SIZE]

He was placed 3rd there in 2001, but then his auto-immune illness struck just a few weeks later and I nearly lost him. He recovered, only to be struck down again 12 months later, but again, he picked himself up. Managed to get him fit enough for a return to the ring after about 18 months and then he broke his leg! Sorted that, then he busted all the ligaments in his other back leg. This took much longer to heal! Then a Dalmatian ripped a couple of holes in his neck.

Then I got him back in the ring - the rest, as they say, is history. A real dog-in-a-million.

Louise

2006_Crufts_Reg_2_tiny.jpg

My best highlight of the year has got to be my first whippet litter of 7 beautiful puppies from Flyn & Poppy :wub:

That's followed by seeing Dylan going to his first show(EAWC ch.) at 6 months old & winning minor puppy for his proud Mum Jenny(quintessance) :thumbsup:

Then sister Fern wins Best in show at her first ever show at 6 months old,ok so it was a companion show,but nevertheless,me & her Mum were over the moon! :)

Then my beloved Bailey winning minor puppy & maiden & going reserve best puppy in show at Midland whippet ch show!

And to cap it all,Poppy's first time in limit at SYWC ch show & getting 2nd in such a huge class!

All in all,i'm over the moon with the pleasure ALL my dogs have given me whether they have done well in the ring,or not!

I LOVE THEM ALL :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Sorry am not well at moment & wont be doing many shows in 07. Just as I have not been there myself much this year. Just found out I have that diabetes thing, & not doing to well with it at all. It happens.

But my doggies that I owned or breed did OK in the ring.

Off hand about:

3BIS allbreeds

A few runner up BIS

Several Best in Groups & Runner up.

Heaps of CC points & BOB's

3 Royal CC's

2 Royal BOB

1 Royal BEST IN GROUP

1BIS Whippet Show.

(All at Champ shows)

So am happy at days end. With any luck will have another GRAND CHAMP in 07 & maybe 2!!!!!!!

PS 105,525 views on a topic about nothing.............................

Some lovely results had by K9ers and well done. I would like to wish you well Cartman and having a slower year in 2007 we hope your health allows you back in the ring soon, good luck :luck: :luck: .

A big highlight in 2006 was two litters from Viv's Barney. A great dog who has thrown some outstanding youngsters all over Australia.

One of those pups Fergus winning Runner Up Best in Show at the Hound Show in Oct and many classes in show and having enough points for his Aust Ch at the age of 9 months. Another highlight was winning Best Baby in Show and her mother winning Best State Bred in Show on the same day.

With many groups, classes in group and classes in show along with our Barney babies winning in four States we have had great year.

:thumbsup: :cheers: We have had an awesome 2006 :wub:

Young Kate (most of the year an 8yr old & now a very mature 9yr old - in her world at least :wub: ) ended up winning the 8 - 11 yr old YKC handling competition at our prestigious National Dog Show :wub: :wub:

Lotte - Lulu's daughter gaining her Champ title with a reasonably novice owner :thumbsup:

Molly whippet being piloted to Best In Show & Runner Up In Show by young Kate :thumbsup:

Jordi being born & winning 3 CC's - a Puppy In Show & making the final of the Proplan Puppy Of The Year :wub:

Brie being born & winning 3 x Puppy In Show's, a CC, & many Puppy Stakes. :cheers:

Master Alex going to Oz, gaining his Ozzie Ch title & producing 2 very nice litters in Oz :wub: :cheers: (w00t) (w00t)

Isis becoming our first Racing Champion & a killer on the race track - awesome to her owners Kim & Tim Orlando-Reep :cheers: :thumbsup:

And of course, the aquisition of young Rio - 2 x Best Baby In Shows in Oz plus numerous baby in groups :wub: :wub:

Roll on 2007 - we wish all our friends on K9 the very best for 2007 - may it rock your world :huggles:

[SIZE=14pt]Well an exciting 2006 for Collooney in Australia, Ireland & England.[/SIZE]

The welcome return of Barney from Australia after major success both in the ring and the "bedroom" .

2 New Irish Champions

Ir. Ch. Collooney He's The One and Ir. Ch. Collooney Silver Striker Of Sheol.

23 out of 58 Green Stars (13D,10B), 28 out of 58 Reserve Green Stars (16D,12B), 13 out of 29 Best Of Breed (9D, 4B)

3 out of 8 CACIBs (1D,2B), 4 out of 8 RCACIBS (4D)

4 Group Wins ( 3, Ir. Ch. Collooney He's The One, 1, Collooney She's The One)

1 Reserve Best In Show ( Collooney She's The One)

1 Best In Show (Ir. Ch. Collooney He's The One)

In England

1 CC & BOB , 2 RCCs , 4 Stud Book Entries, along with many Class wins and Class placings, and various Crufts qualifiers.

The year was topped Of By Collooney She's the One Winning Reserve Best In Show At Dublin Dog Show Society Championship Show.

Best wishes to everyone for 2007.

ShestheoneRBIS1.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back