Votes: 0 0.0%
  • large

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

elegante

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i just thought i would like to see what people prefer

just random wondering

Lottie_and_Ellie_lure_coursing.jpg

have put thip tpic on myself but that was many moons ago lol my answer is scratch so prob big i like no limits myself about 46 to 50lb :thumbsup:

if i like the breeding ,it does'nt matter what size they would turned out. :thumbsup:

yd/lb racing for me :thumbsup:

but i like to watch the scratch as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on your idea of small medium and large I guess :) My favourite size is the one that wins !!

chris

my problem with answering your poll is that I don't know what you consider small, med and large (suppose large is any no-limit over 40 lbs?). also are we only discussing size of whippets? I prefer about 18-19 inches tall for whippets, I suppose that's medium??

i wudnt kno about heights but weight wise id say 16lb to about 24lb is small ( lightweight) 25lb to say 35lb is prob medium and over that is big prob over 50lb is extra large lol :p

DENISE BAILEY said:
Fleesh said:
Anything "whippet like in appearance"  :- "

Yeah as long as its fast :- " :lol:

Nah not even fussed if it's fast TBH (c'mon look at what I've got at the minute :- " )

Just so long as it's not neurotic :rant: then I'll threaten to throw the stupid thing in the canal :eek: but I don't :wub: You're safe here Bumpy-dog you neurotic mutt :huggles: .

I think it really depends on what your doing with the dog and what lurcher type it is. As i do more lurcher straight racing than anything else i prefer a dog or bitch that's about 22 1/2inchs tall as i find the larger ones tend to be prone to more injuries and anything to small struggles in the under 23's. Clare

big anth got 2 dogs left out of refuse to bend/hellbound.

cant believe someone hasnt snaffled these up 2 fantastic race dogs with 20 odd titles supreme (w00t) gypsy i.m.o was best on the bends and great to watch,equally as good on the straights.

danny 6 titles, supremes one of the best heavy weights ever.

and throughing open class out of very few matings.

i think folks like either littuns or biguns. maybe if it was changed to 1/2 yd lb ,folks would want a 28/30 lber. as it would give them a fighting chance instead of littuns winning mostly.as you cannot beat start.

would love one of these but house is full with 4 dogs,couldnt go wrong :luck:

I'm the same as you elise dont mind if their fast or slow looking at what i got also..

Our Boo (31-32lb) can put in a good race when shes in the mood she's medium size i would guess for this poll!!

Our Stella my bully whippy used to race at i think 28lb (mum??) so medium also..Mind you if you classed her size now she would fit in with the big dogs hahaha Oopppss lol she was ok for the first 50yds never seen owt trap as fast as her shes a good puppy schooler !

Then i got little Cleo dunno what she will make guessing at 26lb so medium also

haha

so i guess i like medium sized dogs....!!

P.s Whippet wannabe molly (english bull) would fit in with the big dogs and yes she would make it down the track if i let her Dont know her weight as when she goes on the scales it comes up error....!

Give over Sadie yours are all big whippets!!!!!! :lol: I have a small whippet 16 a medium whippet 24 - aint got a big one .......................... yet (Piper ??) :)) :))

Last edited by a moderator:
sadieandco said:
I'm the same as you elise dont mind if their fast or slow looking at what i got also..
Our Boo (31-32lb) can put in a good race when shes in the mood she's medium size i would guess for this poll!!

Our Stella my bully whippy used to race at i think 28lb (mum??) so medium also..Mind you if you classed her size now she would fit in with the big dogs hahaha Oopppss lol she was ok for the first 50yds never seen owt trap as fast as her shes a good puppy schooler !

Then i got little Cleo dunno what she will make guessing at 26lb so medium also

haha

so i guess i like medium sized dogs....!!

P.s Whippet wannabe molly (english bull) would fit in with the big dogs and yes she would make it down the track if i let her Dont know her weight as when she goes on the scales it comes up error....!

(w00t) You mean Harvs not the only one that comes up 'error' Sadie :- "

I didn't think the Err mean error ...

Thought it was "errrrrr argh get it off GET IT OFF !!!"

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back