The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

YOUR PERSONAL VET FOR YOUR PET

Vetonlines

Registered
Vetonlines
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
More than 21 years of experience in the veterinary field allow us to provide gold standard Veterinary care to all our clients. Whenever you are concerned or have questions about your pet’s health we are here to help. We provide various services from healthy eating to helping you choose the right pet for you, all at the click of the button.

For Dogforum members there is a 50% discount, here is the coupon code:dogforum

See you soon

Regards

Vetonlines:)
Vetonlines | Home | Your Personal Vet Taking Care Of Your Pet.

How would this differ from the online veterinary advice services offered by many pet insurance companies as part of the package?

How would this differ from the online veterinary advice services offered by many pet insurance companies as part of the package?
Hi Joanne F,

Thank you for your great question.

The main difference is the aim of our service which is to provide in-depth preventive advice in order to improve the animal's quality of life, whereas the insurance companies deal with medical, triage and urgent cases.

As an independent veterinary service, we manage every animal like we would manage our own pet, which is an important part of our ethos.

As there are plenty of owners who don't have pet insurance, we at Vetonlines aim to offer affordable services to anyone who requires it.

I'm happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Surely anyone can say they are an online vet and give their "advice":eek:
I would much rather see a vet with my animal in person where they can be diagnosed correctly and the correct treatment given.
We all like to help here and many of us with first hand experience are happy to suggest with our successful results.
I would not rely on or pay for any unknown online veterinary treatments:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Surely anyone can say they are an online vet and give their "advice":eek:
I would much rather see a vet with my animal in person where they can be diagnosed correctly and the correct treatment given.
We all like to help here and many of us with first hand experience are happy to suggest our successful results.
I would not rely on or pay for any unknown online veterinary treatments:rolleyes:
Dear Excuseme,

Thank you for your response and for your opinion. I understand that telemedicine consult is not for everyone and I appreciate that as a pet owner you choose what you believe is best for your pet. I am a veterinary surgeon with more than 20 years of experience including working with charities and running my own referral service and I have devoted my life to the wellbeing of animals. My aim has always been improving animals' quality of life and I truly believe that telemedicine consults is a great way to help pets in needs and provide veterinary advice and support to the owners.

I re-read your first post as I really struggled to understand how you can give a confident diagnosis without examining the pet.

So, do I understand you correctly - is your service more about leading a healthy lifestyle than diagnosis of medical conditions? If I have that wrong, and you do diagnose, how can you be confident without tests and hands on examination; and how do you prescribe and deliver medications in these instances?

Hi Joanne F,

Thank you for your great question.

The main difference is the aim of our service which is to provide in-depth preventive advice in order to improve the animal's quality of life, whereas the insurance companies deal with medical, triage and urgent cases.

As an independent veterinary service, we manage every animal like we would manage our own pet, which is an important part of our ethos.

As there are plenty of owners who don't have pet insurance, we at Vetonlines aim to offer affordable services to anyone who requires it.

I'm happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Is that why you’ve engaged on this forum?

Is that why you’ve engaged on this forum?
Hi RGC,

I tend to use various platforms where I can engage with pet owners in order to offer advice to those who need as well as engage with the pet owners.

I re-read your first post as I really struggled to understand how you can give a confident diagnosis without examining the pet.

So, do I understand you correctly - is your service more about leading a healthy lifestyle than diagnosis of medical conditions? If I have that wrong, and you do diagnose, how can you be confident without tests and hands on examination; and how do you prescribe and deliver medications in these instances?

Hi JoanneF,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, you understood it correctly, that is exactly what our service does, providing guidance for your pet to lead a healthy lifestyle and have the best quality of life. Neither we nor any other telemedicine company in the UK will not provide you with a diagnosis, recommend treatment or prescribe medication.

Last edited:
Can I ask how much you charge for the service...is it pay as you ask or a subscription.....thanks :)

What we dont offer

• We do not provide any advice or treatment of emergency cases. If you think your pet has a medical emergency please call your veterinary practice ASAP.*

• We are unable to provide a diagnosis as we are unable to examine your pet. All consults are advice-only.

• We can not prescribe or recommend any medication or treatment.

• Your pet is still under the care of your Veterinary practice.
* If your pet shows any of potentially life-threatening symptoms listed below, please contact your vet ASAP

Open wound or significant bleeding

Breathing difficulties

Seizing/fitting

Collapse or trauma

Male cats struggling to pass urine or faeces

Swallowing foreign bodies such as bone/cloths/toys

Unable to give birth

Eating toxic/harmful substances

Rabbits not eating

Severe vomiting or diarrhoea

Swollen abdomen or retching (especially large dogs)

Eye problems

Loss of thirst & appetite

Before Tom was diagnosed with heart failure we thought he had kennel cough...without a proper physical examination this wouldn't have been picked up .....

I think it's a wee bit misleading then, to say
provide gold standard Veterinary care

My bold.

To me, veterinary care is something I'd look for if I was concerned about my pet's health, and that's outside of your scope.

Misleading to say the least. @JoanneF
Our pets welfare could be at risk if we used this type of advice :eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back