The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Your Thoughts Please

wild whippies

Super-D-Duper
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've been thinking about this before and would appreciate opinions from everyone.

Basically I'm thinking of creating a Non-Ped photographic database which could serve several purposes.

1. If one of our dogs is lost or stolen there would be a batch of photos available for lost / reward posters, missing dog forums etc. These could be accesible by everyone as basic profile photos.

2.There could also be a private listing of identifying features which could help owners whose dogs turn up at the other end of the country that require detailed identification. These images would not be stored online but would be provided to the owners or released to second parties upon the owners request. i.e. someone's found a black whippet and confirmation that it is your black whippet is needed.

2. It may be possible to cross reference these photos with the non-ped pedigree databases (similar to the greyhound database)

3. They could also be used for the purposes of advertising studs, whippet news etc.

4. The database would be a historical record of the non-ped racing whippet's appearance through time.

5. It may also be useful to those choosing a stud who would prefer to see not just the dog they have in mind but also it's parents and siblings.

The online album would consist of,

Left body profile photo

Right body profile photo

Front body profile photo

Rear body profile photo

Right headshot

Left headshot

Front headshot

All images would be titled with the dogs racing name, it's date of birth, the owners name and I'd like to add a link to the dogs pedigree on The BWRA database (with Malcolm Clarkes' permission)

Private images would be specific distinguishing features e.g. scars, unusual colour markings etc.

There would be no charge for either taking the photos or storing these images.

Should I or the PC pack in, the images will be backed up on another hard drive along with burning onto CD Roms which could be forwarded on if needed.

Comments (positive and negative appreciated please) :thumbsup:

Jac

excellent idea jac well worth the effort and time :thumbsup:

Well what a great idea Jac's :thumbsup: and no doubt if this is done by yourself it will be bang on :thumbsup:

I think its a brilliant idea Jacs. :) I'd be happy to help you if you need any help.

Good idea, i'd wondered if it were possible on the likes of the BWRA database as obviously it's done on Greyhound Data. I'd have it so owners could submit their own profiles too though, that way dogs from the past would be included as well as dogs that only run at club level which you would probably never get chance to photograph when travelling to opens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vicky said:
Good idea, i'd wondered if it were possible on the likes of the BWRA database as obviously it's done on Greyhound Data.  I'd have it so owners could submit their own profiles too though, that way dogs from the past would be included as well as dogs that only run at club level which you would probably never get chance to photograph when travelling to opens.
what a good move well done soon as pos for me one step to get stolen dogs back regs steve williams

Be handy even to put names to faces :cheers:

Go for it :huggles:

Really good idea Jacs, could be useful in all sorts of ways. :cheers: :luck:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: brill jac :thumbsup: if you need any help, let me know not sure what but will help if poss

would be like a dog passport,bring us into the 21st century.if it goes a head would do any in our area and pass them on.would be a good idea for breeding purposes,parents should need bwra registration/profile photos to be able to register pups to race.

Glad your all keen on the idea. :D I'll get an account setup this weekend and keep you posted. :thumbsup:

great idea Jac :thumbsup: go for it

(see you in a couple of years when youve time to race Dobs) (w00t) (w00t)

Jessica has been practicing for her pictures ...

000_0035.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back