The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Your Views...

Karen-Coral

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Should he be allowed to compete in the Olympics-?

Apparently he's done his 2 year ban and is now allowed to compete at lower levels but not represent Britain in the Olympics as their board/committee ruling is 'banned for life'

I think the ban should stand...he knew the risks/consequences when he took the drugs.

If they did slip him through and he did well...what sort of win would it be for England?

Karen

Yes im with you on that one competing at that level you know the consequences for flouting the rules so yes he should be banned for life not only that it doesnt set a very good example for the younger generation or for our country

I think the same should be said for those who are caught druggin their dog's too,as it should be what's good for the goose,is also good for the gander.Even Caffene is a banned,and illeagle drug.Don't just ban the use,ban the users too.(for life)

Sorry i disagree. the problem isnt now with chambers himself...hes done the ban that was handed out to him.... the fault lies with the board who set the bans, if they wanted a life-time ban they shouldve banned him for life !

If he carries on being punished for his past actions, then surely that should apply to all walks of life, but I think people would be horrified to think that losing a driving licence could stop you from ever being able to drive again. So why should Chambers be treated any differently.

If he runs and wins gold he`ll be the british hero... make no mistake about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be wrong but aren't there 2 different boards?

1 that now allows him to enter low levels competitions-cos he has served the ban from that board....

and another where he 'has been' banned for life?

Karen

he made a big boob, but now has the chance to let people see what a great sportsman he is................why not give him a chance :thumbsup:

the way i look at it is people can make mistakes its human nature but as far as im concerned this was not a mistake he knew what he was doing and it amounts to cheating the others on that team worked hard to get themselves ready for competition and he makes a mockery of them by taking drugs im sorry but no he shouldnt be allowed to compete for this country again where has this countrys pride gone :angry:

if he is allowed to compete again what sort of message is that sending to our younger generation as far as im concerned that applies to anybody in any sport no matter how good you are its far better to win fair and square than cheat and make yourself look an idiot in front of the whole country :thumbsup:

Yes...and another thing

If you had a criminal record you wouldn't or shouldn't expect a career in the police force-Its a ban for life!

If you committed a crime against children-you wouldn't expect to ever be able to work with them again-Its a ban for life!

Why should Duane be any different?

HE MAY HAVE DONE WRONG IN THE PAST BUT HES STILL BETTER

THAN ANYONE ELSE WHOS SUPPOSED BE GOING

STILL DONE THE FASTEST BRITIANS TIME THAT TELLS YOU SOMETHING :thumbsup:

storm1 said:
HE MAY HAVE DONE WRONG IN THE PAST BUT HES STILL BETTERTHAN ANYONE ELSE WHOS SUPPOSED BE GOING

STILL DONE THE FASTEST BRITIANS TIME THAT TELLS YOU SOMETHING  :thumbsup:

Yes - but what does it tell you?

I don't know enough really about the case, but if he has been caught drug taking he should have been banned for life. But as they didn't totally ban him for life - they have caused a stupid situation.

It gives a very bad image if he runs again for the uk, take drugs and you get away with it,

But also a bad image if once his punishment is spent he continues to be punished - the authorities need to get there act together!

storm1 said:
HE MAY HAVE DONE WRONG IN THE PAST BUT HES STILL BETTERTHAN ANYONE ELSE WHOS SUPPOSED BE GOING

why should he not go he`s easily the best we have he`s done his time as it were so he should be allowed to get on with it ,the boa have let christine ohuragu(dodgey spelling) go she missed 3 drug tests isn`t a missed test as bad as a failed test,dwains admitted hes taken them,everybody deserves a second chance as jonathon edwards says. if its good enough for him its good enough for me

uk athletics should be more concerned with why is dwain still the fastest when hes been out of running for so long, where are the rest of our top class sprinters

rustic said:
storm1 said:

why should he not go he`s easily the best we have he`s done his time as it were so he should be allowed to get on with it ,the boa have let christine ohuragu(dodgey spelling) go she missed 3 drug tests isn`t a missed test as bad as a failed test,dwains admitted hes taken them,everybody deserves a second chance as jonathon edwards says. if its good enough for him its good enough for me

uk athletics should be more concerned with why is dwain still the fastest when hes been out of running for so long, where are the rest of our top class sprinters

Yes -I'd be concerned as to why he still is the fastest too :blink:

might have got something that doesn't show up this time ?

and thats why he shouldn't represent his country-cos he can't be trusted.

Karen-Coral said:
rustic said:
storm1 said:

Yes -I'd be concerned as to why he still is the fastest too :blink:

might have got something that doesn't show up this time ?

and thats why he shouldn't represent his country-cos he can't be trusted.

yes im deffo with you on this karen the same must be said for christine why would you refuse not 1 but 3 dope tests if you were clean? its only right she should be punished :angry:

as for saying everybody deserves a second chance maybe they do and yes he may be the fastest we have and yes if he did win gold the country would be singing his praises for weeks to come but what concerns me is the impression he leaves on the youngsters of today that aspire to be just like him no matter what lengths they have to go to to get there :(

The bbc commentator has just given a strongly worded commentary on the 100 metre qualification final - he didn't leave anyone in any doubt that he thought Duane should not be there!

Its a joke that he is even being considered for the olympics, he has shown no remorse for what he has done. As for being the fastest we have he just won it on the line and simeon williamson got a poor start.

As in any sport if you are caught cheating you will always be classed as a cheat. if he could really run as he is now why would he take drugs in the first place?????????

ONCE A CHEAT ALWAYS A CHEAT! Im all for giving some one a 2nd chance when they have made a mistake but he knew what he was doing at the time and has obviously just got a better chemist now.

He is a disgrace and we should make a stand, tell the relay team who got their medals taken off them because of him he has served his time!!!!!!!!

stormy weathers said:
Its a joke that he is even being considered for the olympics, he has shown no remorse for what he has done. As for being the fastest we have he just won it on the line and simeon williamson got a poor start. As in any sport if you are caught cheating you will always be classed as a cheat. if he could really run as he is now why would he take drugs in the first place?????????

ONCE A CHEAT ALWAYS A CHEAT! Im all for giving some one a 2nd chance when they have made a mistake but he knew what he was doing at the time and has obviously just got a better chemist now.

He is a disgrace and we should make a stand, tell the relay team who got their medals taken off them because of him he has served his time!!!!!!!!

well said :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back