The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Zoomie Is 15 Weeks Old!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Good luck for Monday Sarah :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hope everything goes ok

Julie

Good luck for Monday from all of us at Zilloot too Sarah..... Zoomie send one of those cute little -bite-your-earlobe-off-with-my-puppy-teeth things he does.... :p

Zoomie send one of those cute little -bite-your-earlobe-off-with-my-puppy-teeth things he does.... 
How about you send little Zoomie o:) to stay with me for a day or two just to cheer me up :huggles: - doesn't look like OH will be discharged tomorrow as he had another GA today to do the same as they did on Friday :( , but I'm not sure why. Any nurses/ex-nurses on K9?

:( Oh poor you - somebody on here is a nurse/ex-nurse because they were talking about nursing-type-goo a few weeks ago under chat I think.

I would love to send Zoomie to cuddle you for a few days but I'm just too greedy (w00t) :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: and want him all for myself :wub: :wub:

sarahj said:
How about you send little Zoomie  o:) to stay with me for a day or two just to cheer me up  :huggles: - doesn't look like OH will be discharged tomorrow as he had another GA today to do the same as they did on Friday  :( , but I'm not sure why. Any nurses/ex-nurses on K9?
I think Zoomie would be excellent medicine. I'm an ex-nurse (30 years of it and then ill-health retirement :( ) but I seem to have missed what was wrong with your OH apart from a para gliding accident (?) so can't tell you why he is likely to be having another GA - you can PM me with details if you like though.

Hi Sarah,

I am an ex-nurse, but it is difficult to say what is going on without details. Don't be afraid to push for answers from the team who is looking after hubby, and if you don't understand, ask them to explain again.

I imagine he had a secondary infection from the initial surgery, and this could have been quite deep. It would be very painful to try and clean it and examine it whilst the patient is awake, so they give a GA. Wounds need to heal from the inside out, or you are left with a horrible abcess under the skin, if this gets near the bone, you can end up with all sorts of horrible consequences. I expect they are flushing, and examining again to ensure the infection is clearing, and they may be flushing with anti-biotic stuff. Also, he if has a bit of a cavity, the old packing needs to be removed, the wound cleaned, and repacked. The packing stops the wound healing on the outside. It should gradually get less and less, but they will do it regularly until it gets to a stage where it can be dressed by a practice nurse in your surgery without anaesthetic. Hope this helps, and don't worry too much, he is at least near by. I think if you want another dog, now could be a good time to ask, I mean all that hassle and worry you have been through!!!!!!! (w00t) Actually, ask for two, and he might give in to one,,,,,[SIZE=14pt]It's called PSYCHOLOGY![/SIZE]

Jo

Thanks for the info Joanna. He saw the Consultant this morning and things have been explained a lot better - pretty much as you say, so hopefully things are on the mend at last. :luck: :luck: Also sent PM to Pollyanna and she replied similarly to you. If all continues to be OK, he may be discharged on Friday.

Yes, it would be a good time to get round him for another dog!! What about a little Iggy!! He does feel pretty awful about all the hassle that's been caused - he went for a two week paragliding holiday - "Perfectly safe" he said (w00t) (w00t) "Nothing can go wrong as the paraglider always rights itself" :eek: :eek: . Still, I don't really like to kick a man when he's down!!!

Sorry, but I've rather got off little Zoomie's :wub: thread - apologies Zilloot.

Still, I don't really like to kick a man when he's down!!!
Best time to do it I've found :lol:

Glad he's on the mend, do start applying gentle pressure before he is discharged, don't let the moment pass, there may never be a better opportunity ;)

Good luck Sarahj with your campaign for another dog, and hope your OH is on the mend soon ... being a dedicated coward I can't understand why men like to go smashing themselves up (I have brothers who are into mountaineering and crashing on race circuits, but being an A1 coward has kept me in one piece for long enough so it obviously works for me ...) Hope everything goes well.

:luck:

Gill

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back