The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Zorro. Sore Leg

CHRIS DOYLE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone. Went out for one hour today. Left the dogs , no problem. We came back to find Zorro on 3 legs with his off hind tucked right up and his not wanting to put it to the ground. Inspection revealed no foot problem and he did not display any pain. Rang the vet and took him(always the weekend) She flexedhis legs and decided that dislocation did not appear to be the cause and suspected that it was muscular following som sort of collision in our absence. Anti inflam injection and some tabs.Should be fine by tomorrow. If not, poss x ray etc etc. Has anyone had a similar experience? And how long did it take to recover? I must say that they are inclined to charge down the garden which involves several steps, when they see pheasants or moorhens at the bottom. Maybe he knocked himself then.

Many thanks as ever

Chris

Inca used to do this quite often and it was her knee (can't remember the technical word for it) that used to pop out when she ran. She never had any pain with it either.

For some reason it worked loose and just used to pop out, the vet showed me how to manipulate the leg so that it would go back in but in the end she ended up having surgery to rectify the problem.

That was 2 years ago and she's absolutly fine now.

Hopefully its nothing too serious and he will be as right as rain in no time.

Poor Zorro :huggles: I've had that before Chris when the dogs have been up to mischief and tried doing a bit of dining table hopping :oops: usually fine after a while and a little rest.

Once with Spry she was limping and wouldn't put her foot down, seemed in pain,I rang Mark in a panic,then the vet by the time the appointment time came she was right as reign :blink:

Hope Zorro is ok very soon :huggles: :luck:

once phoebe was sleeping on her bed under the living room window and the cat jumped up onto the sill and knocked a ornament off which landed at the side of phoebes bed,well it startled her and she was out of the room within a split second,we didnt think anything else of it,the next day i woke to find phoebe at the bottom of the stairs whimpering and laying down ,i called her to me but she couldnt stand up,so we panicked and rushed her to the vets,they couldnt find anything wrong but gave her an anti inflamatory jab and slowly she improved,so our conclusion was she had jarred all her muscles in her back legs with the shock of the ornament dropping next to her.

its easily done,maybe zorro as done something similar and hope he recovers quickly :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this too. One moment you're loking at a dog on 3 legs who will never be able to use that limb again - or so they say! - and the next they're chasing birds again. :rolleyes: Hopefully handsome :wub: Zorro will be as right as rain today. :thumbsup:

Supe did that a little while ago - he jumped off the bed and hurt his toe - ofcourse it was totally impossible to put his foot down :- " , and he still now runs down the path in the garden on 3 legs :clown: I took him to the vets too as I couldn't work out where he was sore and wouldn't have thought to wiggle each toe :b

Hope Zorro is OK (and youre not making excuses for when Spry beats him :lol: )

Hope zorros ok today Lampy, :( maybe hes in sympathy with our Max. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone :thumbsup: Thanks for all your good wishes re Zorro and for your tales of similar experiences. Pleased to say that he is fine. No hint of a limp or any discomfort. If we'd left him he would have got over it without going to the vet (out of hours as well) Never mind. You have to do your best for your dogs :) Thanks again.

And by the way. Spry to beat ZORRO?? (w00t) IN YOUR DREAMS :D :D

LAMPY (w00t) (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back