The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Roads, does anyone remember?

excuseme

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone remember when we used to have those nuisance summertime roadworks where lengths of our roads had traffic lights and the summertime hot tar and chippings applied to many surfaces.
I think that this was well worth the inconvenience when you think of all the bloody holes we have in our roads these days, many of which could be avoided by sealing an ageing road surface with hot tar and chippings, stopping the wet weather and frost getting into the surface and creating these hazardous and costly repairs to our vehicles. Grrr. Bring back the tar and chippings!

Yep, the potholes round here are atrocious. Part of the problem seems to be that when they are repaired, they are so badly done that they soon break down again. I think they tamp them down with the heel of their boot. I was just thinking the other day that you don't see steam rollers any more.

To be fair, councils are really struggling financially and are having to cut back hugely in several areas, and prioritise the most important.

Hubby is a 'fair weather' biker and he would assure you that there are still a lot of chippings around - he often has to change routes to avoid being pebbledashed!

I agree councils are short of funds, but ours has recently painted some parts of road junctions in red to indicate people shouldn't drive over them there, but left potholes so deep I half expect to see miners coming out of them. And that's got to be from the same budget.

I hate potholes with a passion.

Our council too has gone around changing some double yellow line areas to double red lines, both meaning no parking...go figure! ( Their theory is the red lines mean definitely no parking/stopping I suppose), and yes pot holes are a plenty and our council is skint!! I do wonder who prioritises spending and how they justify things...

We have quite expensive road tax by comparison to the uk but whenever I feel like moaning I just think about pot holes and how I cant remember the last time I saw one..

Oh Mad Murphy, you have no idea what you are missing.
Maybe a few more accidents and insurance claims sent to the councils would wake the repair departments up !!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back